Corporate Automation – API DeltaV Engineer
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Start date
- Mar 19, 2023
- Engineering, Automation Engineer
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Position Brand Description:
Lilly is at a critical juncture as we tool up to realize the potential of our product pipeline. We are building new processing capabilities around the world, and emphasizing emerging, cutting-edge processing technologies, such as continuous processing and advanced biotech platforms.
Lilly recently announced two new manufacturing sites in central Indiana increasing capacity for active ingredients and new therapeutic modalities. The Corporate Automation – API DeltaV Engineer will provide technical expertise on the DeltaV platform to support automation activities to deliver these new facilities. This role will lead automation project delivery and/or provide technical leadership to the project team.
The Corporate Automation – API DeltaV Engineer role requires a 4-year engineering degree, preferably in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or related science field. The position requires high learning agility and a background in DCS programming (preferably DeltaV) and experience in automated API manufacturing or related processes.
Global Process Automation & Control Engineering (GPACE) is part of Lilly’s Corporate Engineering Tech Center (ETC). GPACE provides automation, measurement, and process control solutions. GPACE is a technical resource for training, standards, capital project delivery, and Lilly’s standard automation platforms. GPACE’s primary customers are global manufacturing and development sites, MQIT, and peer groups such as Global Facilities Delivery (GFD).
- Work safely and continually look for improvements to both people and equipment safety.
- Expertise with Automation Technologies – Lead the corporation’s efforts to better engineer automation projects on all platforms.
- Automation Design – Provide support to Global Facilities Delivery during project conceptual, basic, and detailed engineering phases. Ensure project design meets intended requirements, considers life cycle cost, and eliminates non-value add complexity. Use replication and best practices to optimize project cost. This role could be either support or leader of Automation deliverables.
- Automation Delivery – Lead or support Automation design and delivery for Lilly’s new manufacturing sites. This includes automation and integration with key IT platforms.
- Project leadership – Lead, direct, and oversee contingent/contract workers for project deliverables.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering or a related science field.
- Experience with the Emerson DeltaV platform.
- Minimum 3 years of Automation experience
- Experience in pharma or GMP industry
- Core knowledge related to ISE S95 and S88 principles.
- Technical leadership on automation project delivery
- Strong knowledge of Drug Substance manufacturing processes including Batch.
- Experience working with validated systems
- Experience with DeltaV Live
- Experience with other DCS or PLC platforms in addition to DeltaV
- Strong problem-solving skills on automation platforms
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert