Associate Director, Program Management
- Daiichi Sankyo
- Basking Ridge, NJ
- Start date
- Mar 18, 2023
- Administration, Clinical, Clinical Data, Clinical Project Management, Medical Affairs, General
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Associate Director, Program Management is a senior position responsible for effectively planning, managing, and delivering multiple complex IT and business programs and projects for a wide range of functions in Daiichi Sankyo (DS). Reporting to the Sr. Director, Enterprise Program Management, this position requires a capable leader with strong technology and business acumen who is skilled at both program and project management. This role is responsible for the definition, planning, and execution of strategic, IT, and business programs as well as the coordinated delivery of all projects contained in the programs they manage.
Program level responsibilities start with proactively partnering with senior leadership of the IT and the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities to achieve the goals of the enterprise. Additional program management responsibilities include program design, execution, and outcome management in alignment with the strategic objectives of the organization.
Project management responsibilities include delivering individual initiatives within scope, time, and financial constraints while managing cross-functional team resources, issues, risks as well as achieving overall project level quality metrics.
An ideal Associate Director, Program Management must have the expertise and leadership to manage through the landscape of a global organization and industry regulations. This position has a critical role in communicating with IT leadership, business leadership, internal stakeholders, vendors, and alliance partners to convey program strategy, direction, and changes. Additionally, this position interfaces with alliance partners to meet obligations related to the development, co-promotion, out-license, etc. of pharmaceutical products. Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of program and project management methodologies and tools is required to be successful in this role.
The Associate Director, Program Management will also contribute to evolving formal methodologies and processes for effective execution of programs and projects including defining key performance metrics to measure outcomes. The position is expected to be multi-disciplined (have breadth), and depth in team leadership, program/project management, and managing resources from a broad spectrum of disciplines and cultures.
Responsible for assigned programs and projects from concept to launch that are aligned with and support the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Coordinated planning, management, and delivery of assigned IT and business programs and projects. Define the program charter, roles, tasks, milestones, budget, business outcomes and measures of success
- Ensure program and project level goals are defined and achieved in alignment with business objectives.
- Develop appropriate plans to manage interdependencies.
- Analyze project proposals to determine time frame, funding, and appropriate processes and PM frameworks for delivery
- Produce and maintain roadmaps for all assigned programs.
- Program performance reporting and communication including all constituent project tracking for stakeholders and governance committees.
- Forecast and secure required resources for programs and projects
- Create and manage the execution of a program communication plan and organizational change management plan
- Proactive identification of program risks, quantification of risks for prioritization, and management and mitigation plans.
- Effective management, impact analysis, and resolution of escalated risks/issues by project manager(s)
- Program budget management including preparing and requesting release of funds over the lifecycle of the program through DS governance.
- Initiating, follow through, and completion of necessary legal documents/agreements for consulting engagements with vendors, service providers, product vendors, staffing company, software licensing agreements.
- Following the established processes to create purchase orders and ensure smooth payment of invoices to vendors.
- Provide program project management services for alliance partnerships, including participating in operating joint committees and team governance as well as planning for and monitoring the progress of certain contractual obligations.
- Act as a coach to project managers and other project team members who need guidance regarding project management practices.
- Project Management:
- Collaborate with leadership and project team members at all levels to identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and tasks.
- Actively manage working team(s) on a day-to-day basis.
- Motivate project team members throughout the project life cycle to achieve individual and overall deliverables and milestones.
- Review and approve work plans of vendors contracted to execute their project deliverables. Deliver project level communications within the overall program communication plan.
- PMO Methodologies, standards, systems.
- Contribute to the PMO’s methodologies and processes for effective delivery of programs and projects including defining how to measure key performance metrics and program results.
- Gather, document, and evaluate lessons learned from projects and programs.
- Assist in the benchmarking of program and project management performance against industry standards to identify opportunities for ongoing improvements
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree in the field of management or business administration preferred
- 7 or More Years: Pharmaceutical industry experience with program/project management of systems and associated business activities for two or more of the following functions (required):
Clinical Operations, Biostatistics, Clinical Data Management, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs
- 7 or More Years Progressive career path as a Program Manager and Project Manager of complex and business critical technology-centric initiatives required
- 7 or More Years Experience with using systems and tools for program and project performance reporting to senior business and IT management in an easy-to-read format required
- 4 or More Years Project resource management experience required
- 4 or More Years Program and project budget management required
- 4 or More Years Experience working with and managing vendors and partners required
- Expertise in working in a Global organization preferred
- Skilled at managing programs and projects for GxP validated systems preferred
- Experience working with Japanese organizations preferred Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)-PMI preferred
- PgMP - Program Management Professional preferred
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)-PMI preferred
Ability to travel up to 10%. May include domestic and international travel.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology.
With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
For more information, please visit: www.daiichisankyo.com.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc., headquartered in Basking Ridge, New Jersey, is a member of the Daiichi Sankyo Group. To learn more about Daiichi Sankyo, Inc., please visit www.dsi.com.
STOCK EXCHANGE: Tokyo Stock Exchange
STOCK SYMBOL: 4568
- (908) 992-6400
211 Mt. Airy Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert