DMPK Preclinical Modeler - Senior/Principal Scientist
- New York, NY
- Start date
- Mar 18, 2023
- Science/R&D, Biotechnology, Pharmacokinetics
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country
We’re seeking a Preclinical Modeler to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life as part of our drug discovery group by contributing to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery programs and collaborations.
Our drug discovery and early clinical development team includes a cross-functional group of scientists and drug developers with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large-scale compute infrastructure to apply our proprietary physics-based drug design and optimization platform. Several programs we have worked on have achieved Development Candidates, including progression to clinical development and FDA approval. You can view our entire pipeline of wholly-owned programs and collaborations here.
Who will love this job:
- A PK, PK/PD, and PBPK modeling expert
- A DMPK scientist who is also an experienced user of PK/PD and PBPK modeling software, such as Phoenix/WinNonlin Simcyp, Monolix, and MATLAB/SimBiology, or other equivalent software
- A highly motivated, self-driven, and results-oriented data-analyzer
- An excellent communicator and presenter who can work both as a team player and a project driver
- A flexible, socially adept scientist who’s excited about networking and building internal and external relationships
What you will do:
- Develop and drive PBPK and PK/PD strategies for Drug Discovery and Development projects
- Appropriately apply PK, PK/PD and PBPK modeling/simulation to guide the design and execution of in vivo preclinical animal experiments for efficacy and toxicology, establish human dose predictions and develop robust translational and biomarker strategies for clinical candidates
- Collaborate with internal and intercompany project team members and external CROs to generate relevant data to enable knowledge and data integration
- Effectively communicate PK. PK/PD, and PBPK knowledge and strategy to internal and intercompany project teams, functional leaders, and other key stakeholders
- Author and/or review appropriate reports for regulatory submission of development drug candidates and ensure the overall quality of the studies and interpretation. Support interactions with regulatory agencies.
What you should have:
- PhD in life sciences, chemical engineering, pharmacokinetics, pharmaceutical sciences, or a related discipline, with strong focus on mathematical modeling
- Prior experience (5-10 years preferred) conducting PK/PD and PBPK modeling in support of drug discovery and development
- Ability to collaborate and develop strong working relationships to resolve issues and advance programs
- Working knowledge of PBPK and familiarity with modeling software such as Simcyp, GastroPlus, MatLab/Simbiology, Monolix, and/or Phoenix WinNonlin, or other equivalent modeling software
- Prior experience with independently representing DMPK on project teams is a plus
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Estimated base salary range (NYC only): $135,000 - $175,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.
Schrödinger is a leading provider of advanced molecular simulations and enterprise software solutions and services to accelerate and increase the efficiency of drug discovery for its clients, which include all major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies worldwide, as well as leading materials science researchers. Schrödinger also establishes deep partnerships and collaborations with companies in such fields as biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and electronics, and was a co-founder of leading biotech companies including Nimbus Therapeutics, Morphic Therapeutic, and others. Through significant long-term investments in basic research, Schrödinger has made scientific breakthroughs across many areas of drug discovery and materials science.
A great company is made up of great people, and Schrödinger is no exception. Whether you’re in Administration, Sales, Finance, Law, Engineering, IT, or Science, we are always on the lookout for exceptional candidates who can join us and make our team stronger. You will find Schrödinger to be a dynamic, energetic, and fast-paced place to work, where you get to interact with some of the smartest and hardest working people you’ll ever meet. If you’ve ever had a curiosity about science, and how science can improve people’s lives, then there’s no
better place to be than Schrödinger.
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
Stock Symbol: SDGR
120 West 45th Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert