Drug Discovery Strategic Deployment Manager
- New York, NY
- Start date
- Mar 18, 2023
- Science/R&D, Pharmacology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with global drug-discovery companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. Our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics, driving our successful drug discovery collaborations around the world.
We’re looking for a Drug Discovery Strategic Deployment Manager to join us in our mission to help scientists design better drugs, faster. This person will take a leadership role in the implementation of LiveDesign, Schrödinger’s enterprise-scale, collaborative cheminformatics and molecular design platform, for our internal Schrodinger Therapeutics Group (STG), which is made up of over 80 designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, and biologists. Ten of the programs we’ve worked on have progressed into preclinical development, with four currently in clinical trials and one approved by the FDA.
This senior level position is an instrumental consultant for scientists who use LiveDesign to better achieve their goals, and will play a strong role in the direction of the product by serving as the bi-directional voice of this group.
Click Here for more information about how LiveDesign is helping shape the future of collaborative drug design.
Who’ll love this job:
- A data-driven discovery scientist who understands project management in a corporate research setting (direct experience with pharmaceutical drug discovery is a huge plus!)
- A cheminformatics specialist who is an effective communicator and has excellent organizational skills
- An enterprise software technology expert who’s knowledgeable about best software development practices and enjoys interacting with medicinal and computational chemists
What you’ll do:
- Manage and design LiveDesign implementations, from early stage discussions, through training, deployment, and overall success
- Understand the STG and collaborating pharma scientific needs, workflows, and mission in order to help craft the LiveDesign implementation and workflows.
- Help drive product development and the roadmap design by working closely with product management and engineering
- Represent product roadmap to STG, and help drive the feedback cycles.
- Coordinate with the various teams (Solutions Architects, LiveDesign Product Managers, STG Management, leadership teams) to help define solid processes around implementation and deployment
What you should have:
- BS in chemistry with 5+ years in a life sciences field related to drug discovery, MS or PhD preferred
- Experience with computational chemistry or cheminformatics in a research setting
- Proven track record of being highly organized, with excellent communication and documentation skills
- Project management experience
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Estimated base salary range (NYC only): $150,000 - $215,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.
Schrödinger is a leading provider of advanced molecular simulations and enterprise software solutions and services to accelerate and increase the efficiency of drug discovery for its clients, which include all major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies worldwide, as well as leading materials science researchers. Schrödinger also establishes deep partnerships and collaborations with companies in such fields as biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and electronics, and was a co-founder of leading biotech companies including Nimbus Therapeutics, Morphic Therapeutic, and others. Through significant long-term investments in basic research, Schrödinger has made scientific breakthroughs across many areas of drug discovery and materials science.
A great company is made up of great people, and Schrödinger is no exception. Whether you’re in Administration, Sales, Finance, Law, Engineering, IT, or Science, we are always on the lookout for exceptional candidates who can join us and make our team stronger. You will find Schrödinger to be a dynamic, energetic, and fast-paced place to work, where you get to interact with some of the smartest and hardest working people you’ll ever meet. If you’ve ever had a curiosity about science, and how science can improve people’s lives, then there’s no
better place to be than Schrödinger.
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
Stock Symbol: SDGR
120 West 45th Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert