Associate Director/Director, Portfolio Management & Analytics
- Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Start date
- Mar 18, 2023
- Administration, Finance, Clinical, Clinical Development, Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics, General, General
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
Title:Associate Director/Director, Portfolio Management & Analytics
Company:Ipsen Bioscience, Inc.
Associate Director/Director, Portfolio Management & Analytics
- Define and implement strategies, operating models, processes and tracking systems for portfolio performance, budget, resources and inter-project/system/process interfaces. Is able to lead initiative and make proposal for continuous improvement of Global Portfolio Management at IPSEN
- Lead and develop performance measures, analytics and data visualizations to generate evidence and business insights to enable operational efficiency, optimal decision-making and targeted communications to stakeholders.
- Effectively use metrics and data visualization to report progress and support data-driven decision-making at the team or organization level. Lead creation of report/dashboard supporting the decision-making process
- Develop models for near-long term portfolio planning and forecasting of financial spend in the 5Y/10Y horizon. These models would help in in-licensing/partnering decision making and maximizing value proposition of the portfolio
- Partner with and advise senior management and governance bodies to ensure transparent and informed decision-making. Is able to lead meetings with senior leaders.
- Define key performance indicators and provide business insights and analytics to enable operational efficiency and optimal decision-making. Responsible for Portfolio Data quality and implementing data validation to ensure high level of precision in Portfolio reporting.
- Lead and maintain the processes to support the senior management, governance bodies and functions in continual improvement of performance and productivity through proactive data analysis (historical and forecasted, internal and benchmark).
- Develop and implement project management methodologies and best practices to build on your team’s skills and capabilities
- Assist project teams with all phases of the project lifecycle - from initiation and chartering to deployment and project closure. Support and lead cross-functional asset teams in preparation for portfolio reviews and governance body reviews
- Contribute to the establishment of a common set of practices, tools and templates for portfolio, program, and project-level management and ensure standards are being followed
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the portfolio, establish the working plan of each project phase
- Facilitate project review and checkpoint meetings
- Produce and analyze portfolio/project-level reports against key performance indicators
- Escalate issues that threaten portfolio and project success
- Embrace continuous improvement mindset, and model or coach the use of Agile/Lean best practices and innovation.
- Maintain knowledge of technology trends and informatics landscape in our industry. Assess and identify new opportunities for informatics solutions and utilization to further business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in science, business, engineering, or a related field. Preferably an advanced degree and/or certification in a relevant area (e.g. MBA, PhD, MS).
- Project Management certification highly desirable
- 10-15 years of pharmaceutical industry experience and consulting organization, specifically in drug development and related business systems and processes.
- 6-8 years of experience in portfolio management, project performance analytics, resource planning/utilization, financial analysis/budgeting and process analytics
- Strong understanding of Waterfall and Agile methods; stakeholder management; budget management, risk management and operations
- Ability to develop and maintain complex Excel spreadsheets (Pivot tables required, MS VB preferred) and leverage other tools (e.g. Business Object, Microsoft SharePoint) for creating reports and dashboards
- Experience in working with Portfolio Management tools PPM etc.
- Experience in developing data visualization outputs for the portfolio and decision analysis
- Ability to build PowerPoint presentations, including storyboarding and formatting, for a senior executive audience
- Track record of driving deliverables to conclusion and managing issues within a team
- Leadership abilities to build strong cross-functional partnership and provide project management support to deliver large complex projects and programs
- Experience leading and mentoring a team in areas such as project management, idea creation, conflict resolution and leadership capabilities
- Demonstrated expertise building consensus across business and technology leaders, and influencing successful outcomes with excellent interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Superior expertise in transforming data into compelling insights. Exceptional analytical and data visualization skills using tools such as Tableau are a requirement.
- Proven competency to effectively interact at all levels across the organization (from executive members to project teams), working to build and maintain successful relationships across all departments. High ability to work across multiple cultures and countries. Able and willing to undertake occasional international travel.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity in to provide your expertise in portfolio management and analytics, apply today!IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ipsen (Euronext: IPN; ADR: IPSEY) is a global, biopharmaceutical group focused on innovation and specialty care. The group develops and commercializes innovative medicines in three key therapeutic areas - Oncology, Neuroscience and Rare Diseases. At Ipsen, we focus our resources, investments and energy on discovering, developing and commercializing new therapeutic options to provide hope for patients whose lives are challenged by difficult-to-treat diseases. Ipsen's North American operations and headquarters are located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, where our fully integrated biopharmaceutical team across External Innovation and Partnering, Research & Development (R&D), Manufacturing and Commercial collaborate. Cambridge is home to Ipsen's third global hub, in addition to R&D centers in Paris-Saclay in France and Oxford in the United Kingdom. With additional offices in Basking Ridge, N.J. and Mississauga, Ontario, Ipsen employs approximately 600 people in North America. For more information on Ipsen in North America, please visit www.ipsenus.com or www.ipsen.ca.
1 Main Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert