Director, Maintenance and Reliability
- North Chicago, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 18, 2023
- Quality, Quality Assurance
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
Provide leadership and direction to the Maintenance Excellence Program and Maximo CMMS organizations including: Business Process, Global Capital Funding, Maintenance, Utilities and Facilities, and Computerized Maintenance Management System. Directs the maintenance and reliability engineering teams and activities supporting 27 global manufacturing sites across an array of technologies and product types. The Director of Maintenance & Reliability develops and shares industry best practices and standards with the global network of sites for GMP facility and operational equipment. The role is accountable for Maintenance Excellence Program (MEP) governance, metrics, and Perfect Index reporting. The Director of Maintenance and Reliability also leads the Capital Plan for Maximo, expansion of Predictive Maintenance and analytical Smart Maintenance platforms. The position provides input to both Global Engineering leadership and site leadership teams on strategy and business priorities related.
- Set strategy in alignment with functional goals and key Maintenance, Reliability Engineering, and Engineering objectives. Develops key objectives for global Maintenance Excellence Program and Maximo System administration. Supports leadership with financial analysis and business process evaluations at a global level to provide the best solutions across the Engineering and Maintenance Organizations at IME Sites.
- Collaborates with experts in industry and across the network to integrate objectives associated with maintenance business process enhancements. Advances Reliability Engineering expertise across IME network. Proactively mentors, advises and shares industry best practices with subordinates, peers, and senior management.
- Serve as functional lead for initiatives and strategy development related to Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) and Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) network spend.
- Develop strategy and drives technological advancements in equipment health monitoring, advanced analytics, and predictive and prescriptive maintenance.
- Accountable for all global level processes, policies, procedures and execution related to Maintenance, Utilities and Facilities, and the Maximo CMMS.
- Provides global governance for the Maintenance Excellence Program in pursuit of best-in-class Maintenance and Reliability Engineering practices. Establishes analytical tools and reporting methods for network standardization. Drives data standardization, use, and maintenance within the Maximo CMMS system.
- Collaborates with Purchasing and Engineering colleagues to support total cost of ownership analysis as it relates to capital investments. Evaluates network opportunities and provides support and/or leadership in the development, negotiation, and management of contracts for equipment service, spare parts, predictive and analytical maintenance software and sensors and maintenance and reliability CMMS system continuity.
- Develop and manage global team of approximately 10 maintenance and reliability professionals through hiring, talent development and performance management. Manage the employee relations climate to ensure that AbbVie Ways We Work are realized and an environment exists where all employees have the opportunity to develop to their maximum potential. Coach the Managers, Supervisors, Engineers and System Administrators in the organization and establish clear expectations with all employees.
- Establish and maintain budget responsibility spanning multiple global initiatives and programs. This includes the evaluation and long-range planning of system upgrades, technology installations and training for the global network.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Automation, Maintenance or equivalent required. Master’s Degree in a technical discipline, Management, or Business Administration preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years of significant engineering and/or technical operational experience, preferably in medical device, biologic, chemical, drug manufacturing or pharmaceutical packaging companies.
- Business acumen coupled with functional leadership experience is required to drive high performance in a complex manufacturing operation.
- Must have demonstrated organizational and planning skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with Executive management.
- The incumbent must possess both depth and breadth of knowledge within the Maintenance and Reliability Engineering disciplines rather than focused excellence within a narrow segment of a specific discipline.
- Ability to advise and influence stakeholders within IME on how best to manage equipment reliability and maintenance and mitigate risk of supply disruption.
- Possess strong technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices, and procedures. Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of scenarios or data involves multiple competing factors.
- Has demonstrated competency with financial systems and fiscal control.
Sr. Vice Presidents, Regional Vice Presidents, Functional Vice Presidents, Site General Managers
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert