- Lake County, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 18, 2023
- Engineering, Process Engineer, Quality Engineer
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
- Responsible for compliance with applicable regulations and standards for Quality; Environment, Health, and Safety (EH&S) Global Policies; AbbVie Engineering Standards; and other governance areas as applicable. Identifies areas of risk with respect to compliance. Assists in development and revision of procedures and standards
- Facilitates the definition of a project scope with stakeholders. Converts goals to tasks and steps. Within structure, plans own work, manages several, often concurrent, tasks to accomplish assigned tasks to meet or exceed expectations (cost, quality, time). Participates in basic economic analysis and feasibility studies related to project alternatives under guidance. Jointly responsible for achieving the project’s financial targets in support of business objectives.
- Plans and conducts small-sized assigned projects within engineering specialty requiring conventional types of plans, investigations, and/or equipment. Implements plans; initiates execution of own work plan; monitors executions for adherence to plan, e.g. documents work status and reports to management with appropriate frequency. Coordinates with technical support personnel to conduct prototype or experimental runs of products or processes.
- Assists in the training of personnel required for the operation of facilities, processes, and equipment. Establishes contacts with supervisor, project leaders and other professionals in group.
- Keep aware of the changing technical and competitive environment as it relates to the business and share with co-workers. Participates and/or assists other engineers in the design of products/processes/equipment/systems/ facilities by applying standard engineering theories, concepts, and techniques within the discipline. Investigates, conducts tests, gathers data, performs preliminary analysis, report findings, and prepares and communicates recommendations and respective action plans.
- Interprets problems and either creates or modifies design solutions. Reviews existing layouts and standards and creates a proposed design. Applies standard engineering principles and methodologies to interpret, draw conclusions and recommend solutions for problems considering a broad range of factors. Improves methods/designs/processes. Recognizes and implements innovations and cost reductions.
- Builds relationships, initiates and cultivates open, honest relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, and vendors by establishing rapport, developing an understanding of others’ needs, promoting common goals, and following through on commitments.
- Conveys information effectively through verbal, written, and presentations to stakeholders and team members, both internal and external to AbbVie, using appropriate communication protocols. Identifies ways to increase customer satisfaction. Documents agreements and commitments and keeps direct customers informed throughout the project or initiative.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or closely related discipline is desired or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence.
- Entry level position, less than two years of experience is typical.
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge, understanding, or skill and willingly absorb and comprehend AbbVie processes, policies, and methods. Possess good human relation skills in both implementing and coordinating efforts involved across several disciplines.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and maintains strong working relationship with internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others’ points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one’s own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with other engineers in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Ability to recognize risks versus the relative gains associated with actions.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert