Director, Innovation and Field Programs
- Lake County, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 18, 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Operations
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
Director Innovation and Field Programs
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
AbbVie continues to lead the way in the pharmaceutical industry on Field Force Effectiveness through best-in-class capabilities and operational processes. The Director of Innovation and Field Programs will be responsible for leading enterprise-wide Field Planning initiatives and innovation, enterprise field analytics, overseeing the strategy, compliance, and execution of Sample and Speaker Operations and overseeing the It’s About Time Team. This role will be responsible for leading projects and initiatives that are crucial to meet the needs of the evolving healthcare landscape and identifying opportunities to improve and build upon existing within Speaker Program, Sample and FPAT processes. Responsibility for providing ongoing enterprise analytics and insights on Field Execution trends are also a core part of the role. This person will work with Senior Management and FPAT Leaders to further enhance our Field Force Effectiveness.
- Strategy & Transformation Initiatives: Responsible for working closely with Field Planning & Analytics partners in Field Planning, Tools, Central Operations and Training to help address unmet needs or areas of opportunity for field teams across the enterprise. Assist FPAT in identifying areas of innovation as it relates to enhancing our Field Force effectiveness. Develop a structured project plan to meet the unmet need and enhance field team’s effectiveness. and work with necessary sales leadership, FPAT, and brand teams to execute project recommendations.
- Enterprise Analytics & Insights: Responsible for leading enterprise-wide analytics initiatives through close partnerships with Field Planning Verticals. Identify key trends / insights and communicate to appropriate stakeholders to drive action.
- Speaker Programs: Optimize strategic support of number of branded, Disease State Awareness, and unbranded speaker programs, both live and virtual, as well as product theaters in support of all US & PR customer groups with associated Speaker Bureaus. Manage varying needs of complexity and support across various teams and therapeutic areas.
- Sample Operations: Support sample operations lead, collaborate with brand sales & marketing teams to identify and implement sample operations strategy. Coordinate with internal Business Technology Solutions (BTS), sales operations, compliance, and field tools teams to pull-through sample operations capabilities and processes. Serve as Subject Matter Expert
- It’s About Time Team: Support projects that streamline or eliminate unnecessary administrative burden for U.S. Commercial field employees. Support IAT team in identifying and solving agility challenges of our in-field teams by working with various AbbVie functions, sales management, and the field sales force to deliver customer centric solutions.
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities:
Manage team including both direct and indirect reports who are driving innovation, enterprise analytics, speaker and sample operations and streamlining field administration.
- BS/BA required; MBA preferred
- Operational Excellence
- Project Management
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Leads Change
This position requires 10+ years of related experience with 3+ years of managing others. It also requires strong leadership skills, communication skills, analytical skills, attention to detail and a proven ability to work closely and effectively with all corporate functions and senior management.
Accountability / Scope:
Describe the primary accountabilities of the position and the impact of actions.
Reports to VP, Field Planning & Analytics
Builds relationships and interacts with direct staff/team, internal peers, forecasting, finance, MC&O, legal, GPRD, RMs, SDs, marketing directors and product managers, GMs/VPs, BTS, vendors.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert