Undergrad Co-Op - Pilot Plant
- West Greenwich, RI
- Start date
- Mar 18, 2023
- Engineering, Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country, Best Places to Work
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge youre working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
We are seeking a hardworking individual to join the Pilot Plant Network as an Undergrad University Co-Op. This full-time, on-site position will provide an understanding of the biopharmaceutical industry today, as well as the challenges and opportunities that will drive the development of new medicines in the future. This co-op will be approximately 26 weeks and include both project-based and experiential learning. Amgen provides a state-of-the-art workspace and promotes collaboration with senior leadership through a series of formal and informal events. Co-Ops will be encouraged to spend time participating in activities and networking with staff across the organization.
As an undergrad Co-Op, you will apply coursework concepts to real-world situations working alongside and guided by industry professionals while gaining valuable experience working for a world-class global biomanufacturing company. You will become part of the Pilot Plant Network Amgens Center of Excellence for advancing new technologies and will be mentored by senior staff members.
Undergrad Co-Op - Pilot PlantLive
This could be your everyday
Lets do this. Lets change the world. During this full-time, 6-month program (July December 2023), you will have the opportunity to work closely with a multi-disciplinary team in our state-of-the-art Mammalian Cell Culture and Purification Pilot Plant. Some of the projects you may work on include:
- Developing and refining digital capabilities including methods for real-time data collection and visualization utilizing cloud-based architecture
- Optimizing organizational tools and digital systems to streamline data flow and team communication
- Characterization of new and existing equipment, identifying boundary limits and critical parameters
- Developing simple business processes to manage facets of a complex organization
Heres what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The kind of individuals we seek are hands-on self-starters with these qualifications:Basic Qualifications
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelors Degree program from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Completion of one year of study from an accredited college or university prior to the co-op commencing
- Enrolled in a full-time Bachelors degree program following the potential co-op assignment with an accredited college or university
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the co-op
- Previous Co-Op or Internship experience
- Junior or Senior
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
The base pay range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $24.70 - $28.30 per hour.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional youre inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join us.careers.amgen.com Please search for Keyword 161477
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are all different, yet we have this in common: our mission to serve patients. This sense of shared purpose is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. It guides us as we continue to launch new medicines and reach millions of patients worldwide.
We live the mission.
We win together.
We thrive on continual challenge.
Our team of 22,000+ scientists and professionals worldwide bring distinct perspectives and experiences to all we do. We leverage our global talent to achieve together—to research, manufacture and deliver ever-better products and greater depth to our mission.
At Amgen, there is a strong correlation between our high level of diversity and performance. Because addressing issues with a wider range of perspectives and approaches leads to more creative problem-solving. Together, we’re transforming the promise of science and biotechnology into therapies that have the power to restore health.
Connect with us to explore how you can Win, Live, and Thrive at Amgen.
One Amgen Center Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert