Associate Director, Next Best Experience (NBE/NBA)
Takeda PharmaceuticalCambridge, MA
As a member of Takeda Oncology, your work will contribute to our bold, inspiring vision: We aspire to cure cancer and be a top 3 digital biopharmaceutical company. Here, you'll build a career grounded in purpose and be empowered to deliver your best. Takeda Oncology (OBU) is taking a giant step forward to create a future-ready organization that evolves at the speed of science and technology, to meet the needs of patients by looking for and incorporating novel data & digital capabilities (DD&T), and Agile methodologies. As part of the OBU DD&T team, you will report to the Head of Omnichannel Products.
The role of the Next Best Experience position, as SME, will provide thought leadership, strategic guidance, product management direction with primary accountability leading a team responsible for managing the decision engine and building Next Best Capability for recommendations to commercial/medical teams and digital campaigns.
This person is responsible for overseeing all aspects of any technical project that impacts our OBU HCP experience, which includes assisting in gather business requirements, managing enhancement timelines and assisting in the prioritization of changes across multiple development teams within DD&T. Some of the day-to-day duties include:
How will you contribute:
- You will partner with cross-functional teams (e.g., Marketing, Insights & Analytics, Sales, Strategy & Operations) to create the next best experience AI driven capabilities vision.
- Own the value generation and thought leadership for the next best decision engine by balancing short and long term objectives. Drive decisions on investment, budget, and resource allocation to optimize OBU and customer benefits for HCP next best experience.
- Collaborate with DD&T Partners in EUCAN and Japan to align product strategy to local market regulations.
- Collect and analyze data insights to inform NBE/NBA roadmap and prioritization.
- Develop a multi-year product roadmap for the decision engine, balancing quick wins and strategic initiatives that deliver organizational value.
- Translate organizational and customer needs into product features, user stories, acceptance criteria. Prioritize and groom the backlog based on value creation. Lead the execution of the roadmap, remove, or escalate obstacles and ensure that features meet stakeholder needs.
- Lead engineering teams, collaborate with other Product Owners, Sales/Medical, and external partners to drive successful delivery of requirements, adoption of new NBE features to ensure value realization.
- Effectively communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely fashion by maintaining project timeframes, budgeting estimates and status reports.
- Manage resources for projects, such as coordinating time and effort analysis in conjunction with the DD&T CRM and Decision Engine teams.
- Manage and maintain product business rules and source of truth asset mapping for content changes.
- Align cross-functional partners in OBU, including Marketing, Legal / Privacy, and DD&T.
- Ensure Product Vision aligns to data privacy best practices and organizational goals.
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Ideally has operational experience in decision engine / trigger based technology capabilities that drive next best orchestration.
- Ability and experience in keeping up with best in class industry trends in AI/ML, Next Best, CRM and field digital solutions in commercial pharma.
- Experience writing technical documentation, evaluating work processes and implementing process improvements.
- Familiar with Agile Methodology and experience using tools (ie. Jira) to oversee and manage the end-to-end product delivery.
- Deliver effective optimization recommendation based in sound understanding of capability insights.
- Ability to both lead, influence, and actively collaborate on working teams and in meetings.
- Lead relevant forums with internal and external stakeholders to discuss status and ensure projects stay on track by capturing and resolving risks.
- Understanding of effective operational processes and technology.
- Uses discretion with sensitive and confidential company information.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Self-motivated, works independently with minimal supervision, exercises good judgment.
- Flexible during times of change and able to work well in dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Minimum 7 years work experience, preferably in pharmaceutical, biologic, biotech, medical device, or healthcare consulting industries.
- Minimum 3+ years operational experience in Next Best, CRM or field technology capabilities.
- Exposure to Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning Products, statistics, and big data.
- Familiar with Platforms for Next Best Action and customer relationship management systems ( Veeva, Salesforce)
- Experience working with Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Architects
- Experience in building and managing next best action orchestration capabilities and technologies.
- Prior experience working in agile methodology and experience using tools (ie. Jira) to oversee and manage the end-to-end omnichannel product delivery.
- Proven track record in delivering integrated marketing projects with measured outcomes.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, allowing for an open and effective dialogue throughout the company.
- Bachelor's degree – BS/BA.
- Media/Advertising Agency Experience
- Experienced with email campaigns, familiar with CANSPAM, Consent, Mobile, Header, ISI, AE reporting and with tagging or UTM tracking codes and performance optimization.
- Experience managing teams to support the delivery of digital marketing or commercial IT solutions or services and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Excellent influencing skills, with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with key business partners, stakeholders, and external service providers.
What Takeda can offer you:
Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
Family Planning Support
Flexible Work Paths
- Occasional short-term travel for conferences, training, or development opportunities.
- Position is located in Boston, MA.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
#NBX, #NBE, #NBA, #next best action, #next best experience, #Cx, #Customer Experience, #AI, #ML, #machine learning, #Product Management, #Associate Director, #Lead
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.Locations
Boston, MAWorker Type
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)Time Type