Manager/Senior Manager, Global Program Management- GI TAU
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Start date
- Mar 18, 2023
- Clinical, Clinical Project Management
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Genetown, Best Places to Work
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Manager/Senior Manager, Global Program Management, GI TAU in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
This position provides excellent project management support of drug development teams. GPMs drive development and deliver results in early to late phase major development and/or lifecycle management programs to meet Takeda strategic objectives.
- Responsibilities include supporting the strategic direction and translating the cross-divisional, integrated Global Product Team (GPT) strategy into an efficiently executable plan working closely with an Assoc Dir/Dir/Sr Dir/ GPM; predicting and planning solutions to achieve program goals and objectives; driving clarity and removing barriers to ensure team success; interfacing with management and influencing decision-making, proactive management and mitigation of development risks, and ensuring appropriate communication and interface with internal governance.
- Partners with the Global Program Leader (GPL) and/or a more senior Global Program Manager (GPM), as well as other R&D and Commercial functions to ensure the scientific and commercial strategies are incorporated into the asset strategy and integrated development plan.
- Play a key role in supporting team effectiveness, partnering with GPL, and/or a more senior GPM and CoOP to administer team health checks to generate insights, plan & execute appropriate follow-up actions.
- Contributes to innovative process improvements with organizational impact and manages, as needed, non-project responsibilities, which can include processes and system optimizations.
- Works closely with more senior GPMs and/or the GPM Head to produce portfolio-level reports to inform senior management.
- Maintains GPT documentation, timelines and budgets, working closely with a more senior GPM.
- Works closely with the Global Program Leader (GPL) and/or a more senior GPM and other cross-functional teams to ensuring scientific & commercial strategies, lifecycle management (LCM) requirements, and evidence generation/publication needs are incorporated into the product strategy and project plan
- Works closely with the GPL and/or a more senior GPM and with Global Product Team (GPT) and other relevant stakeholders to communicate product strategic imperatives to ensure appropriate prioritization
- Accountable to maintain the project plan, ensuring delivery of critical path activities to progress product development
- Helps identify and capture resource requirements necessary to progress product development in alignment with business objectives
- Plays a key role in ensuring team effectiveness, partnering with GPL and/or a more senior GPM and Center of Operational Performance (CoOP) to administer team health checks to generate insights, plan & execute appropriate follow-up actions
- Partners with the GPL and/ or a more senior GPM to provide financial oversight of the program including global, cross-divisional budgets. Includes consolidation, vetting and prioritization of GPT spending to deliver critical path activities
- Supports the GPL and/or a more senior GPM in the GPT project risk management process and generates the cross-functional, cross-divisional project risk register for assigned products
- Proactively addresses and removes barriers to program progress, keeping leadership informed of critical considerations (e.g., resources, performance)
- Proactively identifies potential issues or obstacles and achieves resolution or plans contingencies. Follow issues through to resolution ensuring that all key stakeholders are informed of outcomes and program implications
- Provides clarity and direction in urgent or unexpected situations. Partners with GPL and/or a more senior GPM to resolve complex issues & competing priorities that may impact goal achievement, creates mitigation plans and drives to resolution
Communication and Reporting
- Manages scheduled/ad-hoc program reporting, citing program goals/KPIs status, proactively identifying risk & planned mitigation(s), provide rationale for timeline & budget variances
- Participates in the quarterly Portfolio Review Committee (PRC) reporting to communicate program development progress, opportunities, and risks to Senior & Executive Management
- Responsible for coordinating preparation efforts for governance engagement to support and drive asset objectives and deliverables
- Proactively manages key stakeholders and facilitates or leads relevant communications to appropriate cross-regional, cross-functional, cross-divisional and Alliance partners
Non Product -related
Participates in process improvement initiatives and takes on, as needed, non-product responsibilities, which can include processes and system optimizations related to business objectives
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree science or business-related field
- Advanced degree in science or business is preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of strong pharmaceutical industry experience and drug development in all phases of development with significant experience within related functions (e.g. Marketing, Clinical Operations, Regulatory, Manufacturing, CMC, Clinical Science)
- Minimum of 1 years program management experience leading complex pharmaceutical projects in a multi-disciplinary, global environment
Knowledge and Skills
- Therapeutic Area knowledge preferable, but not required
- Experience with Microsoft Project Professional, Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Fluent in English
- Simultaneous management of multiple tasks of varied complexity
- Ability to positively influence outcomes, key project decisions, and strategic problem-solving in a matrix environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively to all levels of the organization including executive management; Highly effective presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to break down highly complex problems into small manageable pieces for execution
- Ability to drive decision-making within cross-functional & cross-cultural, global team structures
- Ability to work in a virtual setting/across time-zones, i.e., making effective use of communication tools (WebEx, MS Teams, TelePresence etc.); Must demonstrate flexibility in working hours when dealing with different time zones
- Ability to inspire and motivate in a matrix and global, cross-geographical team
- Ability to work in a highly complex, multi-cultural, environment
Location and Salary Information:
Base Salary Range: $102,200 to $146,000, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
This position is currently classified as “hybrid” in accordance with Takeda’s Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsBoston, MAWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet. Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Rare Genetics and Hematology, Neuroscience, and Gastroenterology (GI). We also make targeted R&D investments in Plasma-Derived Therapies and Vaccines. We are focusing on developing highly innovative medicines that contribute to making a difference in people’s lives by advancing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R&D engine and capabilities to create a robust, modality-diverse pipeline. Our employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients and to working with our partners in health care in approximately 80 countries and regions.
For more information, visit https://www.takeda.com.
Stock Symbol: TAK
650 East Kendall Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert