Software Developer / Software Engineer
- Capsida Biotherapeutics
- Thousand Oaks, California
- Start date
- Mar 18, 2023
- Engineering, Information Technology, Software Development
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Beach, Best Places to Work
We are a fully integrated AAV engineering and gene therapy company poised to create the next generation of innovative genetic therapies, with life-changing potential for patients with grievous unmet medical needs.
We leverage our proprietary high-throughput AAV engineering platform to create viral vectors with cell-type and tissue level specificity, overcoming many of the biological limitations of early gene therapy efforts. Combined with our in-house preclinical and manufacturing expertise, we are positioned to create the next generation of AAV delivered gene therapies, dramatically changing the lives of patients.
We are founded on the idea that diverse backgrounds and skill sets combine to create an environment that stimulates innovation and creativity, enabling us to grow into a leader in the AAV gene therapy space. Our leadership team is comprised of the scientific founders that developed the underlying intellectual property, and experienced industry veterans with a track record for bringing transformative drugs to market. Together with our partners, we will combine next generation engineered capsids with innovative gene editing and delivery modalities to bring novel medicines to patients that need them. Our research and development labs, offices, and manufacturing space are located in Thousand Oaks, California, near the Amgen campus.
Software Developer / Software Engineer
Capsida Biotherapeutics is searching for a Software Developer / Software Engineer to join our team and grow our computational capabilities in support of the experimental pipeline. This pipeline harnesses the transformative power of advanced molecular and sequencing technologies to engineer adeno-associated viral capsids for efficient and specific delivery to therapeutic targets throughout the body. As a Data Science Team member, there is a unique opportunity to incorporate numerous, modern information technologies in direct support of the innovative science happening here and enable us to grow into an industry leader.
The candidate will interact closely with bioinformaticians, Research and Technology scientists, and the Data Architecture team leads to accomplish this vision. The Software Development/Engineering team plays a critical role in creating solutions for custom needs in numerous areas: laboratory information sample management (LIMS), aiding scientists in fully utilizing electronic lab notebooks (ELNs), integrating systems, and tailored web tool development. The candidate will collaborate with computational biologists and be responsible for aiding in the support of data and informatics needs through the development of novel NGS analysis pipelines, internal bioinformatics tools, and a state-of-the-art machine learning pipeline to complement capsid variant directed evolution.
- Engage in informatics and technology initiatives across Capsida
- Provide expertise on the development of overall cloud and data strategies while leveraging and promoting software development best practices throughout the organization
- Manage data of numerous types across various systems, focusing on resilience, curation, access, connections, hand-offs, and maintainability
- Build tailored web tools for bioinformatics inquiries, custom visualizations, and complex integrations
- Degree in bioinformatics, software engineering, information science, or related field
- Two to five years of experience with hands-on work as a software developer, architect, or other technical engineering role
- Having a scientific background in terms of training or experience is valued, but demonstrating an interest in scientific inquiry and problem solving is of utmost importance
- Demonstrated experience with software development best practices including documentation, version control, and information security
- Experience with full-stack web development is highly desirable:
- Any front-end library / framework (for example, React, Angular, Ext JS)
- Any back-end framework (for example, Express, NEXT, Django, Flask, Laravel, Rails)
- The networking in-between
- Proficiency in a programming language is required, but scientific computing experience is preferred such as Python, R, MATLAB, Julia, or similar
- SQL proficiency is highly useful in this role
- Familiarity with Linux shell and other basic scripting
- Experience deploying and maintaining cloud-computing services is preferred (Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Knowledge of ELN and LIMS technologies is extremely helpful (for example, Benchling, IDBS E-WorkBook, LabWare, Limfinity)
Compensation and Benefits:
The well-being of our employees and their families is of the highest importance. As such, we offer a competitive salary and exceptional benefits, including generous stock options, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and significant PTO.
Software Developer Engineer Salary: $108,000 - $162,000 per year
Compensation will vary depending on location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. You may also be offered a bonus, stock options, and benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
Additionally, we offer:
- Relocation compensation
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Social lunches, happy hours, and other events on a regular basis
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Capsida Biotherapeutics is an industry-leading gene therapy platform company creating a new class of targeted, non-invasive gene therapies for patients with debilitating and life-threatening disorders.
In the past, nearly all gene therapies have been aimed at treating rare disorders in infants – partially because of tremendous unmet need in those patients but mainly because of the limitations of naturally occurring AAV capsids. At Capsida, we’re not limited by the way things have always been done. We’ve developed a high throughput platform to biologically screen and identify proprietary engineered capsids to significantly improve target specificity and penetration in disease tissues and cells, allowing the use of gene therapy in both rare and common diseases across all ages.
Through intravenous (IV) delivery of a single, engineered capsid, Capsida’s technology can target single or multiple organs simultaneously while limiting exposure to non-targeted organs.
We harness the power of our diverse backgrounds and thoughts to deliver on our purpose. We have a sense of collective responsibility and unity. We approach every challenge with energy and excitement. We remain resilient in the face of adversity because we understand innovative science is not easy. We blend innovation with execution in the pursuit to improve patient lives. We’re not limited by the way things have always been done.
Seize the opportunity to be at the forefront of gene therapy. Capsida is a rapidly growing company based in the heart of the Greater Los Angeles biotech hub. We’re looking for passionate, dedicated colleagues to join us.
• Medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage
• Multiple plan options including PPO and HMO
• Employee and dependent coverage is 100% company funded (95% company funded for PPO option)
• Medical insurance waiver benefit if you have other coverage
• Competitive base salary
• Bonus program
• Equity participation
• Life and disability Insurance
• 401k plan
• Paid parental leave
• Competitive PTO, paid holidays and a winter shutdown
• Employee Resource Groups
• Employee Assistance Program
• On-site snacks
1300 Rancho Conejo Blvd.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert