Manager, Medical Writing Business Strategy and Operations
United States - California - Foster CityUnited States – RemoteUnited States - New Jersey - Morris PlainsUnited States - Washington - Seattle
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead’s therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company’s five core values. That’s because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossibleFor Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Gilead Sciences is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need including virology, oncology, and inflammation. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world.
Gilead has established employee resource groups to support diversity and inclusion
, and provides a competitive benefit package including flexible work options and exceptional support for the family and the individual.
Medical Writing is a global, dynamic, and diverse team of highly skilled professionals. We work collaboratively to advance the strategy and create high-quality documents for successful regulatory submissions, by bringing our passion for science, discovery, and innovative strategic thinking into our daily work. Medical Writing resides within the Regulatory Affairs organization. We are dedicated to attracting new talent with diverse backgrounds and experiences and committed to providing individual development and growth opportunities while promoting a healthy work-life balance.The Role:
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a Business Operations Manager to join the Business Strategy and Operations team within Medical Writing (MW). We are looking for someone with experience in business operations and strategic support, including vendor partnerships, who is not afraid of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and who can bring functional operational excellence to this newly created role.
You will be responsible for collaborating with vendors to manage and facilitate the assignment of outsourced resources (ie, work allocation), as well as managing day-to-day vendor activities. You will support the Business Strategy and Operations team to implement outsourcing strategies, vendor budget activities (invoicing), sustainability of operational metrics, reports, and dashboards, as well as departmental initiatives and process improvements. You will demonstrate adaptability to change and serve as a conduit to drive departmental alignment with strategic changes. Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with program leads and vendors to facilitate outsourced assignments of writing projects in a timely manner across all therapy areas and in line with organizational outsourcing strategies and priorities
- Manage communication of new assignments to individual writers, vendors, and contractors, including their respective internal contact
- Manage contractor onboarding/offboarding and training requirements
- Serve as the first point of contact for all vendor outsourcing-related queries (e.g., project timeline shifts, resourcing concerns, IT support, system access)
- Support vendor budget activities and reporting (e.g., vendor invoices)
- Manage vendor training compliance via monitoring and reporting
- Manage and update content on Business Strategy and Operations platforms (e.g., Microsoft Teams) and MW SharePoint sites
- Coordinate meetings and communications with vendors, including scheduling meetings, creating, and distributing meeting minutes, and facilitating resolution of all follow-up items within agreed upon timelines
- Support the sustainability of operational metrics, survey feedback, reports, dashboards, etc. aligned with departmental needs to monitor the operational performance of MW and vendors
- Support roll-out and implementation of outsourcing strategies
- Support continuous outsourcing process improvement initiatives within Medical Writing, as needed
- May represent the Medical Writing Business Strategy and Operations team on cross-functional initiatives with input or supervision from a more senior colleague
The Business Strategy and Operations Manager may take on additional responsibilities within the department, as needed.You Will Need:
For Colorado Job Applicants:
- Excellent program, project, and change management skills
- The ability to understand the needs of a team, manage stake-holder expectations, and use various communication styles to work effectively with teams
- The ability to continuously anticipate and solve problems, as well as adapt to changing priorities and ambiguity
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (including Visio, Project, PowerPoint, and Excel), as well as Adobe Acrobat and SharePoint. NOTE: High proficiency in Excel and SharePoint is requested for this role.
- Bachelor's degree, or local equivalent, or relevant experience
- Relevant experience (5-7 years) includes vendor management/vendor relations role in a regulated environment, preferably including experience in life sciences or business consulting
The salary range for this position is:
$119,040.00 - $178,560.00
Gilead considers a range of factors, including background and experience, when determining base compensation. These considerations means actual compensation will vary.
Position is also eligible for bonus and benefits. For more information, visit https://www.gilead.com/careers/compensation-benefits-and-wellbeing
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact email@example.com
for assistance.Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Gilead has made the decision to require all U.S., Canada, Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. “Full vaccination” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'Know Your Rights'
poster.NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACTYOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACTPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site
to apply for this job.