Senior Sequencing Application Sales Specialist, Central US
- Working from Home
- Start date
- Mar 17, 2023
- Clinical, Clinical Medicine, Sales & Service, Account Management
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
Location: Central US.
Ideal location: Houston, Denver, St. Louis, Salt Lake City, or Chicago
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work with local territory sales and services teams, the district sales manager, and other sequencing applications sales specialists to build and execute strategies to drive growth and achieve/exceed revenue targets across all product lines and for all customers.
- Execute territory- and account-specific sales plans that align with corporate objectives and local territory strategies and goals.
- Continual focus on increasing breadth and depth of genomics market knowledge through self-learning, scientific publications, conferences, etc. Areas include current and future market trends, key applications, industry trends, competition and competitive landscape, and marketplace strategies and tactics.
- Ensure territory sales teams are proficient in new products, applications, competitive products, and latest market trends/dynamics through trainings, workshops, or other methods on a continual basis.
- Work cooperatively with various departments within the organization to ensure that product capabilities, advantages, and advancements resonate with and are effectively communicated to the customer base and territory sales teams.
- Serve as voice of customer to internal stakeholders to ensure product and market feedback is efficiently and effectively communicated to appropriate individuals.
- Develop and cultivate long standing partnerships with market KOLs, serving as a trusted consultant. Ability to build productive relationships at all levels; understands different customer needs and proposes appropriate solutions.
- Identify and facilitate strategic collaborations in key applications or markets; serves as field lead to internal teams.
- Create and deliver high quality technical presentations, plan and facilitate strategic projects to drive product sales and penetrate new markets.
- Utilize a CRM system according to standard protocols for pipeline management; assist territory account manager in forecasting.
- The candidate will be working in a fast-paced environment, interacting with customers, as well as other scientists and engineers from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience selling into the life science and/or clinical research markets with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 1+ years experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Degree in Life/Biological Sciences, Sciences, Genetics, Genomics, or related field is required. MBA is a plus.
- Technical expertise in genomics, key next generation sequencing applications. Experience in bioinformatics a plus.
- Competitive nature, self-driven and independent worker/learner who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong understanding of scientific applications and technology developments in genomics as they relate to customer requirements in target market segments.
- Ability to work as an overlay role in a highly matrixed environment with a service-oriented mindset. Highly skilled in communication across diverse team members. Strong team player.
- Role will require a home office and 75% travel at a minimum.
- Outstanding public speaking skills with the ability to handle objections and effectively communicate both technical and business arguments.
- Excellent customer facing communication skills in both pre- and post-sales environments.
- Highly networked within the genomics field, relationships within the defined geography strongly preferred.
Salary Range:$108,800.00 - $147,200.00
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview experience.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at PacBio. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. PacBio does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PacBio employees or any other company location. PacBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 650-521-8000, or http://email@example.com for assistance.
Visit our following pages for more information on:
1305 O'Brien Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert