Research Associate I/II, mRNA
- ReCode Therapeutics
- Menlo Park, California
- Start date
- Mar 17, 2023
- Regulatory, Research/Documentation, Science/R&D, Research
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
Who We Are:
We are a clinical stage company powering the next wave of genetic medicine through superior delivery with our next-generation lipid nanoparticle delivery platform. Our mRNA and gene editing therapeutics have the potential to directly replace or address underlying genetic mutations in a vast range of diseases starting with primary ciliary dyskinesia and cystic fibrosis. Our selective organ targeting (SORT) LNP platform is uniquely differentiated to enable the delivery of diverse genetic payloads to tissues beyond the liver.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in lipid nanoparticle delivery, mRNA design and optimization, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and rare disease drug development. We are a high performing, highly functional organization with a culture that is caring and strives to enable every member of our team to thrive.
Summary of Position:
We are seeking a highly motivated and scientifically rigorous individual to join the plasmid and mRNA production team. You will be responsible for executing or supporting experiments to meet agreed upon deliverables and timelines. These activities will require a high level of precision and careful attention to details. The successful candidate will collaborate with an inter-disciplinary team of ReCode scientists and will have access to excellent experimental and analytical facilities.
- Planning, execution, analysis and troubleshooting of cloning techniques/strategies, especially Gibson cloning
- Identify critical factors that influence plasmid stability, yield and quality
- Collaborate with other functions to develop analytical methods for plasmid and mRNA characterization
- Bachelor in Physical Chemistry/Biochemistry/Biology or related field. A strong background in nucleic acids is required.
- Hands-on relevant experience in nucleic acids is a must
- Strong knowledge of basic principles of PCR, qPCR, and capillary electrophoresis
- Hand-on experience with in vitro transcription, cell transfection, western-blot highly desired
- Ability to maintain accurate and well-organized laboratory records, including electronic notebooks (ELN)
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Works independently as well as collaboratively within groups and interdisciplinary teams
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
*70-85K - *Please note that for remote positions, salary may be adjusted for cost of living
- No premium cost for employees - 100% subsidized by ReCode for full-time employees
- Company 401k contribution
- 15 days of company paid holidays, including a holiday shutdown (usually the last week of the year)
- Mental health support for employees & their families
- FSA available, including a lifestyle spending account subsidized by company
- Employee discounts at hotspots
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers a competitive compensation/benefits package with a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development.
ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Why Behind Our Work
We imagine a world where people living with genetic diseases can fully benefit from the promise of genetic medicines. Our novel mRNA and gene correction therapeutics have the potential to make this a reality.
Therapeutic Areas of Focus
Primary ciliary dyskinesia
Certain cancers and central nervous system (CNS) diseases
Power the Next Wave of Genetic Medicine
We are one of the rare companies whose innovations are poised to fundamentally shift an entire class of medicine.
Join us as we advance our pipeline into clinical development and scale ReCode’s next-generation genetic medicines delivery platform and pipeline.
1140 O'Brien Drive
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert