Scientist I/II, In Vitro Pharmacology
- ReCode Therapeutics
- Menlo Park, California
- Start date
- Mar 17, 2023
- Science/R&D, Biotechnology, Pharmacology
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
Who We Are:
We are a clinical stage company powering the next wave of genetic medicine through superior delivery with our next-generation lipid nanoparticle delivery platform. Our mRNA and gene editing therapeutics have the potential to directly replace or address underlying genetic mutations in a vast range of diseases starting with primary ciliary dyskinesia and cystic fibrosis. Our selective organ targeting (SORT) LNP platform is uniquely differentiated to enable the delivery of diverse genetic payloads to tissues beyond the liver.
At ReCode, we bring a unique blend of rigor, creativity, and curiosity to our high-hurdle mission. Our team is uniquely positioned to tackle this challenge, given our extensive experience in lipid nanoparticle delivery, mRNA design and optimization, mRNA manufacturing, gene editing, and rare disease drug development. We are a high performing, highly functional organization with a culture that is caring and strives to enable every member of our team to thrive.
Summary of Position:
We are seeking a highly motivated and scientifically rigorous individual to join the in vitro pharmacology team. This position requires adaptability, strong organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team-oriented environment. A successful candidate will have a background in cell biology and have a demonstrated ability to integrate into multi-disciplinary project teams, contributing technical in vitro skills to pioneer the next generation RNA therapeutics.
- Contribute to the research efforts on designing, testing, optimizing, and selecting lead candidates for CF, PCD, and other programs.
- Design and execute preclinical in vitro experiments to support optimization and drug product development.
- Establish and maintain cell culture and develop cell-based disease models to support in vitro POC studies.
- Generate, manage, evaluate, and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner, providing guidance and troubleshooting where appropriate.
- Manage one or more direct reports, mentor additions to the team.
- PhD in biology or a related field with 0-2 years of professional experience or MS with 10+ years of relevant experience. Title and responsibilities will be based on experience.
- Academic and/or industry experience in the field with a track record demonstrating significant contributions
- Expertise in microscopy, flow cytometric analysis, cell culture techniques including primary cell culture, and RNA/protein expression analysis using state-of-the-art technologies.
- Some experience in CRISPR based cell model development is a plus.
- Some experience in ciliary activity analysis using SAVA software is a plus.
- Extremely organized and able to efficiently manage time and workflow, including skillfully prioritizing both long-term projects and day-to-day responsibilities
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented, and considerate of the needs of others
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
Salary Range: *
*115-130K - Please note that for remote positions, salary may be adjusted for cost of living
- No premium cost for employees - 100% subsidized by ReCode for full-time employees
- Company 401k contribution
- 15 days of company paid holidays, including a holiday shutdown (usually the last week of the year)
- Mental health support for employees & their families
- FSA available, including a lifestyle spending account subsidized by company
- Employee discounts at hotspots
ReCode Therapeutics (www.recodetx.com) offers a competitive compensation/benefits package with a friendly, collaborative culture that values employee engagement and ongoing career development.
ReCode Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Why Behind Our Work
We imagine a world where people living with genetic diseases can fully benefit from the promise of genetic medicines. Our novel mRNA and gene correction therapeutics have the potential to make this a reality.
Therapeutic Areas of Focus
Primary ciliary dyskinesia
Certain cancers and central nervous system (CNS) diseases
Power the Next Wave of Genetic Medicine
We are one of the rare companies whose innovations are poised to fundamentally shift an entire class of medicine.
Join us as we advance our pipeline into clinical development and scale ReCode’s next-generation genetic medicines delivery platform and pipeline.
1140 O'Brien Drive
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert