Senior Scientist I, Precision Medicine Oncology (Translational Immuno-Oncology)
- South San Francisco, California
- Start date
- Mar 17, 2023
- Science/R&D, Bioengineering, Biotechnology, Oncology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay, Best Places to Work
Senior Scientist, Translational Immuno-Oncology, Precision Medicine Oncology
The Precision Medicine organization within AbbVie is committed to drive translational research and clinical biomarker strategy for our pre-clinical and clinical stage programs. The Translational Immuno-Oncology (I-O) group within Precision Medicine Oncology department uses advanced technologies to study cancer immunology, discover biomarkers and validate mechanisms of action of AbbVie’s innovative I-O oncology pipelines to inform clinical decisions including biomarkers, indication/patient selection, and combinations.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced scientist with a strong scientific background in cancer immunology and a proven track record of research accomplishments on CAR-T to join this dynamic team. The successful candidate will work both within the Translational I-O group and as a member of cross-functional interdisciplinary teams. The candidate is expected to design and execute experiments independently to lead our translational and biomarker research for the pipelines focusing on T cell modulation and cellular therapies.
- Independently design, execute, and analyze hypothesis-driven translational research experiments to identify PD biomarkers, mechanisms of sensitivity / resistance, inform patient selection and test novel drug-combinations to advance the Abbvie I-O pipelines focusing on T cell therapies.
- Routinely utilize broad technical expertise in tumor cell/immune cell biology to advance translational research for both pre-clinical and clinical stage oncology projects.
- Effectively contribute to scientific strategies, communicate hypotheses, and present work plans and data generated to diverse audiences in both oral and written communications within a project team and/or group setting.
- Initiate and maintain collaborations with cross-functional teams such as Discovery, in-vivo pharmacology, CDx, bioinformatics, DMPK and others to ensure alignment on scientific rationale and data generation workflows.
- Execute established methodologies and explore novel techniques within Abbvie and/or the collaboration with CROs to generate translational data that can inform clinical biomarker strategy
- BS degree with 12+ years of experience, MS degree with 10+ years of experience, or PhD degree with 4+ years of experience in cancer immunology
- Strong scientific background in T cell biology and immunology in the CAR-T field
- Demonstrated track record in the characterization, culture, expansion, and manipulation of T cells or CAR-T
- Proficiency in multi-parameter flow cytometry and analysis via FlowJo
- Hands-on experience in cell separation technologies and diverse cell-based assays (e.g. cellular activation, cytokine release, proliferation assay, cytotoxicity assay, T cell dysfunction assay, ELISA…etc)
- Ability to work independently and proactively on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking on how to address key questions on each project
- Ability to organize, communicate, and present complex data sets to key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds
- Ph.D with experience in CAR-T immunotherapy or related field and/or postdoctoral cancer immunology research experience in academia or pharma industry.
- Expertise in cancer immunotherapy or prior exposure to translational research/biomarker discovery
- Experience with CRO on designing and executing projects and experiments is highly desired
- Hands-on experience in generating and analyzing multi-parameter gene and protein datasets is highly desirable (RNASeq, Nanostring, scRNASeq, etc.)
- Be versed in the current state of the science of the tumor microenvironment and the interplay between immune cells, stroma, and tumor cells.
- Knowledge of analytical software for routine data analysis, and a level of exposure to programming languages, such as R, is desirable.
- Ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary, matrixed environment.
Applicable to California Applicants Only The below range is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in California. This range may be modified in the future. The salary range for this role is posted below This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive program This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees. Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert