Cardiometabolic Sr. Medical Science Liaison - Palo Alto, CA
- San Francisco, CA
- Start date
- Mar 17, 2023
- Clinical, Medical Affairs
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay, Best Places to Work
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of.Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. This is a field-based position for the Cardiometabolic Senior Medical Science Liaison (CVM Sr MSL) therapeutic area within the US Medical team. The territory will include the Peninsula and South Bay. The CVM Sr MSL will interact with Cardiometabolic Opinion Leaders and Healthcare Decision Makers to communicate and advance the scientific platform as aligned with Amgen's company goals and objectives. Accountabilities and responsibilities for the CVM Sr MSL include:Responsibilities
- Engage with healthcare customers to educate and communicate clinical and scientific data to advance the scientific platform as aligned with Amgens company goals and objectives
- Educate and communicate clinical value, outcomes, and economic data to payers, providers, key customers, advocacy, and access enablers
- Respond to unsolicited inquiries consistent with the MSL compliance standards
- Provide and/or present field observations and insights to internal collaborators
- Implement scientific engagement plan according to annual MSL goals and metrics
- Develop and implement local OL plans in line with scientific engagement plan
- Support speaker training as requested and ensure the speakers are updated on new data
- Support Amgen sponsored research and may serve as a study lead
- Liaise with potential investigators in non-sponsored clinical research
- Lead and/or participate on project teams that support MSL strategies and tactics as delegated by MSL leadership
- Advance MSL value proposition, identify gaps, achieve results, and set an example for others to follow by consistently demonstrating Amgen values and leadership attributes. Demonstrate tact and professionalism when communicating and interacting with others
- Lead and support congress activities as aligned with strategy
- Compliantly collaborate with cross-functional colleagues. May serve as main point of contact
- Maintain clinical skill and expertise and timely completion of assigned training. May serve as a training lead
- May serve as New Hire Mentor and/or International MSL mentor/trainer
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a motivated individual with these qualifications.Competencies:
- Plans and Organizes Work
- Builds Relationships and Impacts Others
- Achieves High Performance
- Maintains Industry and Technical Skill
- Demonstrates Clinical and Therapeutic Expertise
- Effective Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Develops Personal and Professional Capabilities
- Communicates Effectively
- Demonstrates Individual Leadership and Professionalism
- Exemplifies Amgen Values
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of Medical Science Liaison experience
- PharmD, PhD, MD, DO, or DNP (other doctoral degrees considered)
- Five years of industry experience in Scientific/Medical Affairs at a biotech or pharmaceutical company
- At least three years in a Medical Science Liaison role
- Five or more years focused on clinical practice, clinical research, or medical research. Experience in a medically-related field can include post-doctoral training (i.e., residencies and/or fellowships)
- CV expertise (lipids, cardiometabolic, obesity)
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is provided below.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $165,703 - $202,520.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are all different, yet we have this in common: our mission to serve patients. This sense of shared purpose is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. It guides us as we continue to launch new medicines and reach millions of patients worldwide.
We live the mission.
We win together.
We thrive on continual challenge.
Our team of 22,000+ scientists and professionals worldwide bring distinct perspectives and experiences to all we do. We leverage our global talent to achieve together—to research, manufacture and deliver ever-better products and greater depth to our mission.
At Amgen, there is a strong correlation between our high level of diversity and performance. Because addressing issues with a wider range of perspectives and approaches leads to more creative problem-solving. Together, we’re transforming the promise of science and biotechnology into therapies that have the power to restore health.
Connect with us to explore how you can Win, Live, and Thrive at Amgen.
One Amgen Center Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert