Why join Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma?
Our mission is to help improve the health of humankind.
We are a fully integrated contract development and manufacturing organization with sites in Belgium, United States, Japan, and India providing comprehensive development, cGMP manufacturing, and aseptic fill finish services. We pride ourselves in offering a unique environment in which the work we do every day plays a crucial role in society.
We hope to inspire employees to come to work engaged and ready to give their all. This allows Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma to meet the commitments it makes to partners, patients and employees.
Total Rewards package designed to make your life better:
We offer health benefits, annual performance bonus, generous paid time off, paid parental leave, matching 401k contributions (immediate vesting), tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and much more!
Your next career move:
We are currently seeking a Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Specialist that is an experienced SHE professional who will coordinate and perform technical and administrative SHE department activities. Depending on the company and departmental needs, this positon may have a specialty focus such as; industrial hygiene, environmental management, facilities and contractor safety, or function as a SHE Generalist.
· Responsible for determining applicability, developing content, and facilitating SHE training programs such as new hire orientation, annual refresher training, and specialized SHE training.
· Maintains SHE documentation systems.
· Coordinates and participates in emergency preparedness activities such as; building evacuation lists, evacuation drills, Incident Response Teams, and related trainings.
· Oversees hazardous waste consolidation and hazardous waste shipping activities.
· Provides administrative management support for SHE related licenses and permits.
· Schedules SHE observations and coordinates the completion of corrective actions in a timely manner.
· Coordinates and performs essential functions defined in the site environmental management system manual per ISO14001 standard requirements.
· Calculates and communicates SHE KPIs.
· Performs hazard and risk assessments, and develops and communicates risk mitigation strategies.
· Performs incident investigations and determines root cause and corrective or preventive actions.
· Determines applicability, develops, and implements SHE written policies and procedures.
· Responsible for maintaining and reviewing SDS of new chemicals and communicating the hazards associated with the chemicals.
· Coordinates ergonomic activities such as the evaluation of employee work spaces, recommendations for improving ergonomics, and tracking the progress of employee ergonomic issues.
· Responsible for working with affected departments to issue safe work permits such as; hot work, lockout/tag out, confined space, live electrical work, and other safe work permits.
· Administration of the Safety Incentive Program.
· Acts a cultural leader for SHE initiatives such as Zero Injury Mindset and Care for the Environment programs.
· Regular and reliable attendance on a full time basis [or in accordance with posted schedule].
· Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
· Embodies Aji Bio-Pharma’s cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· Training Program Certificate in related discipline required and/or Bachelor’s degree in related field strongly preferred.
· Professional certification such as; CHMM, CSP, CIH or progression toward certification is highly desirable.
· Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in Environmental Health and Safety.
· Laboratory or manufacturing experience desired.
· Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, or as a team member.
· Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications.
The anticipated hourly range for candidates who will work in California is $29.76 - $41.66
The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the job, type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc. Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is a multi-state employer and this salary range may not reflect positions that work in other states.
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com and click on the "Careers" section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
New hires will pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.