Associate Director Alliance Management
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Start date
- Mar 17, 2023
- Sales & Service, Account Management, Business Development, Science/R&D, Biotechnology, Pharmacology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Genetown, Best Places to Work
The Alliance Associate Director is a key contributor within Global Oncology Portfolio and Product Strategy team, responsible to maximize the >$100MM global revenues generated from the alliance assets.
Associate Director to oversee that all business contractual obligations are met, updated and renegotiated for the two marketed hematology/oncology assets. The successful candidate will be a key member of the alliance governance committee and will identify & solve issues and seize opportunities to optimize asset performance. In addition, Associate Director will involve Takeda stakeholders to address issues and/or leverage business opportunities. Associate Director will be the face of Takeda with our Alliance partners for all business-related matters and will also internally represent the assets in Takeda’s financial and strategic planning processes. The Associate Director will provide frequent performance updates, issue resolution and/or market opportunities to Leadership team.
The expectations for the Associate Director- Alliance , Strategy and Operations position is to allocate ~60% of his/her time on the business alliance management responsibilities and the reminder time will be allocated to work with the Head of Strategy and Operations on highly impactful strategic and operational projects/initiatives, these to enhance the Strategic Planning Processes, Build Capabilities and Establish Centers of Excellence in order to develop a best-in-class Global Oncology Commercial Organization.
Examples of Strategy and Ops initiatives include:
- Disease Area Strategy Implementation
- China Elevation initiatives
- Strategic Planning Process optimization across OBU
- Support implementation of impactful marketing and business capabilities
- Support implementation of Launch Excellence initiatives
- Support implementation of Marketing Excellence initiatives
- Successful candidate along with cross-functional team, affiliates and regional teams responsible of the >$100MM global revenues generated from the two alliance assets.
- Associate Director must have the ability to successfully represent Takeda as the Business Alliance Lead in order to optimize product performance, raise and address business issues and/or opportunities.
- Associate Director will also represent alliance assets internally on all financial and strategic planning processes and LT business and performance updates.
- As required, Associate Director will be responsible to cross-functionally coordinate contract updates, renegotiation and any other business contractual obligation.
- In addition, to the Alliance management work which will require 50-60% of Associate Director’s time the additional time will be allocated to lead a long side with Head of Strategy and Ops high impact and cross-functional strategic and operational projects/initiatives, as per above.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- The qualified candidate has a minimum of five years’ experience working in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry with at least two years related to Alliance Management, Marketing, Commercial positions at Global, Regional and Country level are strongly preferred.
- Candidate is required to have a minimum of 2-3 years of hematology-oncology marketing/business experience.
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability in coordinating and implementing simultaneous projects within a complex matrix environment
- Proven experience cultivating and maintaining relationships with key collaborators through the consistent demonstration of scientific & disease state knowledge, and satisfactory follow-through.
- Experience working with a diverse group of professionals
- Flexibility, diplomacy, and ability to manage expectations.
- Successful participation on cross-functional teams.
- 10-15% of time
Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
Family Planning Support
Flexible Work Paths
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This position is currently classified as "hybrid" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Preference will be given to candidates with a remote location near, and availability to work during the working hours of, the corporate office in Boston, Massachusetts.
In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsBoston, MAWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet. Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Rare Genetics and Hematology, Neuroscience, and Gastroenterology (GI). We also make targeted R&D investments in Plasma-Derived Therapies and Vaccines. We are focusing on developing highly innovative medicines that contribute to making a difference in people’s lives by advancing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R&D engine and capabilities to create a robust, modality-diverse pipeline. Our employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients and to working with our partners in health care in approximately 80 countries and regions.
For more information, visit https://www.takeda.com.
Stock Symbol: TAK
650 East Kendall Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert