Senior Scientist 1, Immunology
- Eikon Therapeutics
- Hayward, California
- Start date
- Mar 16, 2023
- Science/R&D, Biotechnology, Immunology
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
We are seeking a highly talented and motivated Senior Scentist to join the new Immunology group at Eikon Therapeutics. As a Senior Scientist, you will play an essential role in building the immunology pipeline programs, which encompasses inflammation and immune-oncology therapeutic areas. At Eikon, you will have the unique opportunity to interface your expertise in immunology directly with chemistry, engineering, and computation and shape the path to truly innovative drug discovery and development.
You possess a sound knowledge base of cellular and molecular immunology, and you love formulating and experimentally testing new hypotheses. You are scientifically curious and open minded. You are a mentor, leader, and a team player. You are a good communicator; you are organized and pay attention to details.
What You’ll Do
- Design and perform target validation experiments to support immunology drug discovery programs
- Develop and validate novel assays to demonstrate activity of molecules and provide mechanistic insights in relevant biological contexts
- Generate, analyze data, and recommend follow-up studies
- Present and communicate research findings to biology and cross-functional teams
- Work across multiple projects and efficiently manage priorities
- Mentor and manage at least one direct report
- Collaborate closely with contributors from across the organization
- PhD degree with 4+ years of experience in an immunology-related field. Industry experience is a plus
- Experience in immunology target discovery through in-depth genetic and pharmacological studies, functional genomics, or other omics-based approaches
- Technical expertise in common immunology, molecular biology, and biochemistry assays
- Experience in developing in vitro and ex vivo functional assays to model immune responses
- In depth knowledge and experience in human inflammatory diseases and/or cancer immunotherapy
- Ability to communicate clearly and build open collaboration
- Hands-on experience with in vivo models of immune response and/or inflammatory diseases (desired)
At Eikon, employee compensation also includes bonus and equity compensation, in addition to several generous benefit programs, including:
- 401k plan with company matching
- Medical (premiums covered by Eikon at 95%), dental and vision insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%)
- Mental health and wellness benefits
- Weeklong summer and winter holiday shutdowns
- Generous paid time off and holiday policies
- Life/AD&D Insurance (premiums covered by Eikon at 100%) and optional supplemental employee-paid life/AD&D policies
- Enhanced parental leave benefit
- Daily subsidized lunch program when on-site
The expected salary range for this role is $130,000 to $150,000 depending on skills, competency, and the market demand for your expertise.
Eikon is a pioneering drug discovery and development company that leverages superior engineering and high-performance computing to analyze single molecule protein behavior in living cells. We are engineering a battery of innovative tools and technologies for biological exploration in drug discovery and beyond.
Eikon thrives on the energy and creativity of interdisciplinary teams. We are physicists and chemists, biologists and engineers. We spend our days context-switching between multiple scientific languages. We work with lasers, super-resolution microscopes, and robot arms. We leverage machine learning, cell line engineering, and the collective intelligence of world-class scientists and technologists to observe therapeutically relevant biology in a way no one has before.
We’re endlessly curious, intellectually honest and we love what we do. We’re driven to learn the true mechanisms of biology and pharmacology at the molecular level, to make the biggest difference in as many lives as possible.
3929 Point Eden Way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert