Laboratory Services Associate II #2928
- GRAIL, LLC
- Raleigh-Durham, NC
- Start date
- Mar 16, 2023
- Science/R&D, Research, Laboratory
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Bio NC, Best Places to Work
GRAIL is seeking a Laboratory Technician I or II for the R&D Laboratory Management team, who will be primarily responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of GRAIL Research and Development activities. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, dynamic team player with experience in both automated and manual molecular biology workflows combined with strong interest in NGS methodologies. The candidate will be expected to partner with many functions of our organization - Automation, Product Development, LIMS, Supply Chain, Biosample Operations, and Clinical Lab - to ensure the successful completion of R&D projects and general Operational support.
- Execute and monitor regular maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Perform inventory control aligned with 5S methodology.
- Maintain laboratory cleanliness in compliance with the Hygiene Plan.
- Draft and review operational documentation.
- Ensure laboratory activities are performed in compliance with procedures and safety guidelines when handling, storing and disposing of hazardous or bio-hazardous materials.
- Prepare or produce general consumables and reagents for R&D laboratory operation.
- Be responsible for accurately recording work performed per GLP, including results and methodology.
- B.S required in a relevant scientific field.
- 0-2 years proven experience in basic molecular biology laboratory techniques.
- Familiarity with nucleic acid handling (e.g., SPRI and PCR) and quantification techniques (e.g., Nanodrop, Bioanalyzer, Fragment Analyzer, ddPCR).
- Familiarity with NGS protocols PREFERRED.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work collaboratively in a fast paced environment with a high level of self-motivation.
- Self-directed, innovative, and creative thinker.
Based on the role, colleagues may be eligible to participate in an annual bonus plan tied to company and individual performance, or an incentive plan. We also offer a long-term incentive plan to align company and colleague success over time.
In addition, GRAIL offers a progressive benefit package, including flexible time-off, a 401k with a company match, and alongside our medical, dental, vision plans, carefully selected mindfulness offerings.
GRAIL is an Equal Employment Office and Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We will reasonably accommodate all individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. GRAIL maintains a drug-free workplace.
Following extensive monitoring, consideration of business implications, and advice from internal and external experts, GRAIL US has made the decision to require that all U.S. employees be “Fully Vaccinated” with the COVID-19 vaccine. “Fully Vaccinated” is defined as two weeks after both doses of a two-dose vaccine (e.g. Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks since a single-dose vaccine (e.g. Johnson & Johnson) has been administered. Absent a qualifying exemption, all GRAIL US employees are to comply with this requirement, including providing documentation of such vaccination status, as a condition of employment. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration by GRAIL.
GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
CEO: Bob Ragusa
1525 O'Brien Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert