Employee Relations Pipeline
- Lake County, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 16, 2023
- Administration, Human Resources/Recruiting, General
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
This role will be responsible for executing the delivery of employee relations services to employees and managers across multiple businesses and or countries. This position will provide a single point of contact for efficiently providing highly accessible expert employee relations interface across multiple businesses. The Senior Specialist, Employee Relations will be responsible for proactive and responsive approaches to employee relations issues that support a positive and productive work environment. This position ensures compliance with all relevant country laws, regulations, policies and practices.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Business, Employee Relations or related field. Strong organizational skills that include taking appropriate action to move open cases forward to resolution in a timely manner. Knowledge in MS Office – Windows environment.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in Employee Relations or other relevant HR experience. Knowledge of HR regulations, policies and procedures. Effective verbal and written communication skills that support building strong partnerships, appropriate influence, and portraying an objective and defensible position on situations.
- Exercise strong business judgment that is aligned with broad organizational philosophies and practices and is compliant with regulations. Makes effective decisions in ambiguous situations.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable – higher performance. Learns, fast, grasps the “essence” and can change the course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo. Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement. Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- Must be able to work independently and work well on internal and external teams
- Minimal travel outside of Illinois may be required
- Meets defined ER service level agreement.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert