- Lake County, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 16, 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Operations
- Required Education
- Associate Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
Provide leadership and direction for the manufacturing operation of a large site or manufacturing unit delivering multiple products, technically complex products, or in support of new product introductions and readiness for launch. Direct a staff of Senior Managers and Managers leading multi-shift, multi-department areas to meet production, quality, safety and financial demands of the operation. Manage all plant mfg activities and key performance metrics. Lead financial controls and cost management for teams in the site/unit. Lead personnel scheduling and development, within a culture of high performance. Drive adherence to policies/procedures in operations across quality, materials management, engineering, and EH&S; collaborate cross-functionally to ensure these practices drive optimal patient outcomes. Assure effectiveness and compliance of the manufacturing site while delivering high levels of customer service and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Create operational and financial goals, budgets and objectives for the assigned manufacturing area. Manage budget of typically $60MM or more, ensure performance levels to maximize operations.
- Drive and lead the assigned manufacturing area to meet the site business strategies; accountable for operating expenses, payroll and capital expenditures for manufacturing area projects and programs.
- Guide development and implementation of business strategies to achieve budget expectations as well as drive cost reduction efforts; implement actions to adapt and transform the organization in order to meet changing business needs.
- Apply a high level of scientific analysis and decision-making to influence the design and ongoing optimization of manufacturing processes. Provide leadership to teams when troubleshooting manufacturing issues; consults and advises cross-functional teams to ensure processes and approaches result in efficient, high quality products.
- Ensure staff members are provided training and coaching to build technical knowledge and capability.
- Responsible for synthesizing action plans, timelines and budgets for project and product goals and adjusting these plans accordingly to effectively respond to changing demands of the business.
- Develop and manage staff through hiring, managing performance, developing talent and providing clear expectations.
- Ensure all labor and equipment performance measures are met. Responsible for completing established goals, prioritizing project work and controlling and coordinating all activities and improvement efforts across manufacturing areas.
- Manage the employee relations climate to ensure that our AbbVie Way is realized and an environment exists where all employees have the opportunity to develop to their maximum potential.
- Coach managers in the organization and establish clear expectations with them and all employees regarding responsibilities, goals and behaviors and champion and model exceptional AbbVie performance and talent management practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a technical field: advanced technical degree (Master’s or Doctorate Degree) strongly preferred
- 12+ years’ experience including: work as an individual contributor building technical expertise and proved project management skills. Progressively increased responsibility and performance as supervisor, department manager and leader of diverse teams in Operations (Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain, Engineering, etc.)
- Business acumen coupled with functional leadership experience is required to ensure effectiveness and high performance in a complex operation
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert