Postdoctoral Fellow - Cytometry Sciences
- Thousand Oaks, CA
- Start date
- Mar 16, 2023
- Engineering, Chemical Engineer, Science/R&D, Bioengineering, Biology, Chemistry
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Beach, Best Places to Work
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.Postdoctoral Fellow Cytometry SciencesLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world. During this program, you will be provided with an enriching environment to inspire innovation that will ultimately contribute to the development of innovative approaches to contribute to development of human therapeutics.
Dr. John Ferbas leads a lab of highly trained single cell biologists that leverage the technologies of flow cytometry and microscopy to interrogate cells and works within the broader infrastructure of the Research Biomics team at Amgen. This post-doctoral position will be conducted under his mentorship; and will address development / optimization of novel single-cell bioluminescence probes. The project will span from the fundamental element of identifying a family of optimized enzyme-substrate pairs (e.g., luciferase / substrate pairs) & end with formulation of robust applications in the biomedical sciences. The applications will be targeted to the single-cell level, and will require a blend of bioengineering expertise as well as a practical (broader) working knowledge of the life sciences.
The post-doctoral fellow will be supported within this infrastructure to develop an independent line of research and will have multiple opportunities to interact with a variety of academic & industry investigators both within & outside Amgen to design studies, monitor progress, modify approaches as led by the data & reach their goals.
This is expected to be a 3-year position with the option to extend for an additional year.Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dedicated individual we seek is a scientist with these qualifications:
- Ph. D. at the time of appointment
- Ph. D. in chemical engineering, bioengineering, physics or biochemistry as applied to the life sciences
- Demonstrated track record of independent critical thinking and scientific achievement in research, exemplified by first author publications in high-quality journals and presentations at external meetings and conferences
- Wet-lab and dry-lab skills. These include current molecular, cell biology, and laboratory techniques such as multi-color flow cytometry, isolation and culture of primary and established cell types, PCR/Western/ELISA/MSD in conjunction with bioinformatic skills
- Computer literacy, especially proficiency with FlowJo, GraphPad Prism, and Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- High motivation, creativity, and collaborative intent with strong verbal and written communication skills
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is $73,301 $86,834.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
You may visit thePost Doctoral Fellows Career Pagefor more information and opportunities.Apply now
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We are all different, yet we have this in common: our mission to serve patients. This sense of shared purpose is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. It guides us as we continue to launch new medicines and reach millions of patients worldwide.
We live the mission.
We win together.
We thrive on continual challenge.
Our team of 22,000+ scientists and professionals worldwide bring distinct perspectives and experiences to all we do. We leverage our global talent to achieve together—to research, manufacture and deliver ever-better products and greater depth to our mission.
At Amgen, there is a strong correlation between our high level of diversity and performance. Because addressing issues with a wider range of perspectives and approaches leads to more creative problem-solving. Together, we’re transforming the promise of science and biotechnology into therapies that have the power to restore health.
Connect with us to explore how you can Win, Live, and Thrive at Amgen.
One Amgen Center Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert