Clinical Sales Specialist, IBD (Indianapolis S, IN)
- Indiana - Virtual, Indiana
- Start date
- Mar 16, 2023
- Clinical, Clinical Medicine, Sales & Service, Account Management
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
About the role:
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Clinical Sales Specialist for our Indianapolis, IN territory. Here, everyone matters, and you will be an important contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Clinical Sales Specialist working on the Gastroenterology Specialty Sales Team, you will be empowered to drive product demand in targeted physician offices, key clinics and hospital accounts.
How you will contribute:
- Researching prospective Health Care Professionals (HCPs) to identify the right customer stakeholders to present complex clinical and business information on products and services including Gastroenterologists HCPs and professional or patient groups.
- Using insight and consultative selling techniques to teach HCPs about their industry and offer unique perspectives on their business, which link back to Takeda's solutions.
- Engaging in clinical discussions with HCPs to discuss patients' needs, execute brand strategies and maximize sales growth within a specific geography. Coach customer stakeholders and build consensus for Takeda's solutions within their organization.
- Collaborating with partners on routing and resource utilization to maximize overall footprint performance.
- Independently and collaboratively strategizing for solving deal-level challenges.
- Attending all company-sponsored sales and medical meetings as directed by company management.
- Actively pursuing continuous learning and professional development on efficient sales, communication and product knowledge training.
- Performing company business in accordance with all regulations and policies and procedures. Demonstrate high ethical and professional standards at all times.
- Strategically managing allocated resources provided including financial/budgets, managed markets, medical affairs, home office, etc.
- Bachelors' degree – BA/BS
- 5 years direct selling experience to healthcare professionals in the pharmaceutical, biotech, device or healthcare industry and/or relevant clinical or industry experience.
- Ability to discuss therapeutic strategies to inform and influence decision makers
- Ability to successfully develop and apply clinical and business expertise, and effective selling skills
- Strong verbal, influencing, presentation and written communication skills
- Reside within or close proximity to assigned geography
- Execution of marketing strategies at the local level
- Demonstrated business and strategic planning skills to identify unique selling opportunities and adaptability to changing market conditions
- Demonstrated understanding of managed care landscape and how it influences/impacts business
- Strong collaboration skills and success working in teams
- Experience with injectable/infused IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disorder) products
- Experience with managing and communicating complex reimbursement issues
- Biological product launch experience
- Experience in calling on Gastroenterologists
Valid Driver's License
- Ability to drive and/or fly to meetings and client sites
- Some overnight travel required – 25-50%, depending on geographic assignment
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Work Paths
- Tuition reimbursement
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US field-based employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, as a condition of employment.
This position is currently classified as "remote" in accordance with Takeda's Hybrid and Remote Work policy.
Base Salary Range: $ 101,500.00 to $145,000.00, based on candidate professional experience level. Employees may also be eligible for Short-term and Long-Term Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off. The final salary offered for this position may take into account a number of factors including, but not limited to, location, skills, education, and experience.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.LocationsIndiana - VirtualWorker TypeEmployeeWorker Sub-TypeRegularTime TypeFull time
Takeda is a global, values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical leader headquartered in Japan, committed to discover and deliver life-transforming treatments, guided by our commitment to patients, our people and the planet. Takeda focuses its R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Rare Genetics and Hematology, Neuroscience, and Gastroenterology (GI). We also make targeted R&D investments in Plasma-Derived Therapies and Vaccines. We are focusing on developing highly innovative medicines that contribute to making a difference in people’s lives by advancing the frontier of new treatment options and leveraging our enhanced collaborative R&D engine and capabilities to create a robust, modality-diverse pipeline. Our employees are committed to improving quality of life for patients and to working with our partners in health care in approximately 80 countries and regions.
For more information, visit https://www.takeda.com.
Stock Symbol: TAK
650 East Kendall Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert