Sr. Medical Director, Neurology
- Corcept Therapeutics
- Menlo Park, CA
- Start date
- Mar 16, 2023
- Clinical, Clinical Data, Clinical Development, Clinical Research, Clinical Trials
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
Corcept is a commercial-stage company engaged in the discovery and development of drugs to treat severe endocrine, metabolic, oncologic and neurological disorders by modulating the effects of the hormone cortisol. Since 2012, we have marketed Korlym® for the treatment of patients suffering from Cushing’s syndrome, a life-threatening orphan disorder caused by excess cortisol activity. In 2022, we generated revenue of $402 million and net income of $101 million.
We have discovered a portfolio of more than 1,000 proprietary selective cortisol modulators. Our lead compounds are in Phase 2 and Phase 3 trials for the treatment of patients with Cushing’s syndrome, advanced ovarian cancer, castration-resistant prostate cancer and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (“ALS”). We plan to initiate a Phase 2b trial in patients with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (“NASH”) by the end of this year. Every year, we advance new molecules to the clinic.
Over the next few years, we expect to submit several new drug applications.
A Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Act as clinical scientist and clinical subject matter expert for both Company team members and for external contacts related to the assigned therapeutic programs
- Provide training and ongoing input to all members of the clinical team on medical and scientific issues related to the therapeutic field in question
- Provide scientific oversight for Company operational staff, contract research organizations (CROs), and clinical trial sites in all areas related to the therapeutic programs
- Design, develop and, implement clinical studies for the applicable drug candidate, from Phase I through Phase III
- Develop and participate in the writing and review of protocols, investigator brochures, study reports and other clinical and regulatory documents
- Establish and approve scientific methods for design and implementation of applicable clinical protocols, data collection systems and final reports
- Acts to provide medical oversight and safety monitoring for ongoing clinical trials including participation in SAE reporting and serving on the safety committee
- Play a key role in the analysis, interpretation and delivery of high quality clinical data
- Interact with principal investigators and opinion leaders to facilitate clinical trials research
- Participate in appropriate regulatory discussion and activities, including the filing of IND’s, CTXs, NDA/MAAs, throughout the development cycle
- Participate in clinical study report conceptualization, development and writing for global regulatory submissions
- Work closely and collaboratively with other functions, e.g. clinical operations, safety, biometrics, regulatory, medical writing, medical affairs and commercial
- Develop and give internal and external presentations as subject matter expert for the therapeutic area
- Participate in the development and review of publications
- Prepare and monitor budgets in collaboration with clinical operations and R&D finance
- Participate in the management of human resources in a matrixed environment – recruitment, performance management, succession planning, talent management, etc.
- Serve as liaison to the commercial team on medical issues
Preferred Skills, Qualifications and Technical Proficiencies:
- Demonstrate strong clinical and scientific knowledge
- Are an excellent communicator with proven leadership skills and the ability to interact in a cross functional environment
- Feel comfortable in a fast-paced and nimble small company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Preferred Education and Experience
- MD, board certified (or eligible) preferably in Neurology
- Requires at least 5 years of relevant clinical development experience
- Relevant basic and/or clinical research experience in academic settings is viewed favorably
The pay range that the Company reasonably expects to pay for this position is $284,500 - $344,000; the pay ultimately offered may vary based on legitimate considerations, including job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and education. An annual cash bonus and equity grants may be provided as part of the overall compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other wellness benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Corcept appreciates the commitment and hard work of all our team members as we strive to discover and develop novel treatments for patients with serious unmet medical needs.
Please visit our website at: https://www.corcept.com/
Corcept is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Corcept is leading the discovery and development of drugs that modulate the effects of cortisol.
Cortisol dysregulation plays an important role in a variety of endocrine, metabolic, oncologic, psychiatric, and ophthalmologic diseases. Corcept leads the field in the research and development of selective glucocorticoid receptor (GR) antagonists, having discovered more than 500 proprietary molecules since being founded in 1998.
Corcept is committed to improving patient lives through the discovery and development of drugs that address serious unmet medical needs related to excess cortisol activity. To support this mission, Corcept collaborates with numerous basic scientists and clinical researchers to find better ways to improve patient lives.
Through our collaborations with researchers around the world, more than 30 studies are underway to investigate the potential benefits GR antagonists may have in the treatment of serious and life-threatening diseases driven by cortisol dysregulation.
Stock Symbol: CORT
149 Commonwealth Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert