Sr. Research Associate, Infectious Diseases Research
- Moderna, Inc.
- Cambridge, MA
- Start date
- Mar 16, 2023
- Regulatory, Science/R&D, Infectious Disease, Pathology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Genetown, Best Places to Work
The Infectious Diseases (ID) Team at Moderna is seeking a self-motivated and adaptable Senior Research Associateor Research Associate with strong experience working with murine models and in vivo related techniques to support the development of novel vaccines and therapeutics. This position will contribute across all ID research programs through the performance and development of in vivo based experiments in biosafety level 1, 2 and 3.
The candidate will support the IDR comparative medicine team interfacing with multiple departments within IDR. The individual will help to ensure the accurate and quality execution of in-vivo based experimental programs.
Heres What Youll Do:
- Work closely with scientists and the Associate Director to ensure quality and compliance of all in vivo based experiments
- Carry out technical procedural work including dosing (all major routes including intravenous) and collection procedures (especially blood) with laboratory animal species with competency in mice.
- Ability to understand and operate rodent anesthesia systems and other specialized equipment such as common imaging modalities.
- Process samples according to specific criteria, store and/or ship appropriately
- Assist with ensuring facility and animal housing rooms are adequately equipped and supplied
- Assist with all aspects of experimental planning and logistics
- Maintain full compliance with regulatory requirements including protocols, SOPs, and other working documents.
- Interpret, summarize, and report on experimental data as necessary
Heres What Youll Bring to the Table:
- B.S. with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience working with laboratory animals species
- Extensive experience carrying out technical procedural work involving murine models
- Knowledge and hands-on experience working with in the regulatory framework for compliant in-vivo experiments
- Attention to detail, ability to think ahead and strong communication skills
- Excellent record keeping and data management skills
- Familiarity with ABSL2 working practices and procedures is strongly preferred
- Experience working in ABSL3 environments is a major plus
- Candidate will be curious in exploring new path for drug discovery, bold in proposing creative experimental designs and ideas. Will work collaboratively with multifunctional teams and will be relentless in pursuing successful outcomes
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
Vacation, sick time and holidays
Volunteer time to participate within your community
Discretionary year-end shutdown
Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Candidates should be aware that Moderna currently maintains a policy requiring all US-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster shot once eligible. Newly hired employees must be vaccinated and boosted prior to their employment start date. Moderna is an equal opportunity employer and will provide a reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated or receive a booster where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
In over 10 years since its inception, Moderna has transformed from a research-stage company advancing programs in the field of messenger RNA (mRNA), to an enterprise with a diverse clinical portfolio of vaccines and therapeutics across seven modalities, a broad intellectual property portfolio in areas including mRNA and lipid nanoparticle formulation, and an integrated manufacturing plant that allows for rapid clinical and commercial production at scale. Moderna maintains alliances with a broad range of domestic and overseas government and commercial collaborators, which has allowed for the pursuit of both groundbreaking science and rapid scaling of manufacturing. Most recently, Moderna's capabilities have come together to allow the authorized use and approval of one of the earliest and most effective vaccines against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Moderna's mRNA platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, and has allowed the development of therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases, cardiovascular diseases and autoimmune diseases. Moderna has been named a top biopharmaceutical employer by Science for the past seven years. To learn more, visit www.modernatx.com.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a persons race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.#LI-AM1
Moderna is advancing messenger RNA (mRNA) science to create a new class of transformative medicines for patients. Moderna’s platform builds on continuous advances in basic and applied mRNA science, delivery technology and manufacturing, providing the Company the capability to pursue in parallel a robust pipeline of new development candidates. Moderna is developing therapeutics and vaccines for infectious diseases, immuno-oncology, rare diseases and cardiovascular diseases, independently and with strategic collaborators.
mRNA is now a turning point in the history of science, medicine, technology, even humankind itself. With this breakthrough discovery, many of the world’s biggest and most challenging medical problems are no longer a question of “how?” but merely a question of “when?”
Come with us as we pursue the uncharted reaches of possibility and make your mark on the future of medicine.
200 Technology Square
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert