- St. Kitts, West Indies
- Start date
- Mar 15, 2023
- Regulatory, Research/Documentation, Science/R&D, Research
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
Virscio is seeking a medical or veterinary ophthalmologist to perform preclinical examination and procedures related to contract research engagements and internal research and development. The position requires expertise with the objectives, methodologies, and literature of preclinical ophthalmic research related to characterizing disease pathophysiology, and evaluating the efficacy, pharmacology and safety of new therapeutics, medical devices, and drug delivery technologies. Additionally, the position will require the candidate to apply knowledge and expertise in identifying and proposing new or improved ophthalmic model development opportunities and for managing the associated characterization and validation of those models in multiple disease areas.
An important component of the ophthalmic research and commercialization responsibilities will include communication with research sponsors to define development objectives and associated technical and scientific considerations critical to effective clinical translational. Proficiency with associated research, imaging, and diagnostic methods and familiarity with related ophthalmic fields is critical for both direct participation in data collection and interpretation, and effective communication of company capabilities, as well as management and oversight of project team members who may be delegated specific technical responsibilities.
Location: St. Kitts, West Indies; Virscio Research Facilities (Caribbean)
· Lead the execution and evaluation of in vivo ophthalmic interventions and examinations, and generation of associated methodologies and evaluation criteria for both sponsor-funded and internal R&D projects and programs
· Development of new research methodologies and test systems, and optimization of existing systems
· Oversee and guide scientific practice and data quality of technical staff and data managers
Oversee ophthalmic data generation and optimization of protocol-specified study support materials such as data entry and analysis templates, and protocol specific standard operating procedures (SOPs)
· Contribute to maintenance of facility good laboratory practices (GLPs) and AAALAC credentials
· Contribute to scientific manuscripts and the technical aspects of business plans and marketing materials
· Present company research capabilities and study outcomes at relevant scientific meetings
· Support on-site and off-site client, inspector, and vendor interactions
· Advance scientific and commercial interactions with existing ophthalmology focused collaborating and sponsoring organizations to expand platform impact and sponsor base
· M.D. or D.V.M. degree with 2 or more years of experience within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and/or contract research industry or a competitive academic setting
· Minimum of 2 years of laboratory experience working with in vivo and in vitro models, preferably including mammalian translational models
· Able to live and work in St. Kitts
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to the unique challenges of fast-paced research environments
· Broad experience in ophthalmic microsurgical and laser procedures
· Experience working in a protocol driven environment on in vivo and/or in vitro models
· Firm understanding of research and development as pertains to drug development
· Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and comfort interacting with external sponsors
· Experience supervising junior scientists and research technicians
· Experience working with and under IACUC oversight in AAALAC-accredited facilities preferred.
Virscio offers a competitive, flexible, and comprehensive benefits package that can be customized to fit your personal needs. Virscio’s benefits offering is designed to support the holistic wellbeing of our employee community and their families by providing affordable healthcare related coverages, retirement savings plan with immediate vesting, and a wide range of voluntary benefits for financial protection and peace of mind. Additionally, we offer a Culture of CARE where your health, well-being and gratification in career pursuits is our top priority.
Our commitment to you is a culture of care and support in which you feel engaged, empowered, and passionate about the work that you perform while working collaboratively and with empathy towards others.
Virscio is bridging the translational gap with critical research on solutions to significant unmet health challenges. Every day, our community brings their best selves to their work to advance this initiative. Join us on our journey and become part of our caring community.
We are a team of experienced scientists and innovators, passionate about helping to solve significant human health challenges through biomedical research. From preclinical proof-of concept to IND-enabling studies, Virscio’s goal is to bring clarity and confidence to R&D investment decision making and improve the odds of clinical translation. We fully support critical development stages, spanning preclinical strategy, protocol design, in-life study execution, sample processing, data analysis, study reporting and defining regulatory path, with a focus on in vivo primate efficacy and safety, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and therapeutic delivery. Our capabilities are enabled by broad experience, including:
- 30+ years of translational R&D experience
- 145+ team with exceptional retention, many having decades of experience
- 12+ MD and/or PhD Study Directors
- 500+ industry preclinical study / program engagements
- 30+ models validated and applied to therapeutic program development
- Significant engagement with large pharma, venture-backed, and academic clients from around the world
Virscio is seeking experienced, creative, and highly motivated individuals with the ability to lead and contribute to multidisciplinary R&D initiatives supported by leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert