Sr. Scientist, Analytical Chemistry
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Tarrytown, New York
- Start date
- Mar 15, 2023
- Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics, Science/R&D, Bioanalytical Services, Biotechnology
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Full time
- Pharm Country, Best Places to Work
Regeneron Pharmaceutical’s Analytical Chemistry Group is seeking a highly motivated Sr. Scientist to join our group. Scientists work with LC-MS technologies to guide and support development and characterization of therapeutic protein candidates and other modalities. We apply and solid understanding of various LC-MS platforms and applications to solve analytical problems. The ideal candidate will have a robust background in mass spectrometry-based protein and/or oligonucleotide analysis, strong critical thinking skills, a passion for science, and effective interpersonal and communication skills to work productively in cross-functional teams and achieve program goals.
A TYPICAL DAY IN THE ROLE OF A SCIENTIST MIGHT LOOK LIKE:
- Design, complete, and effectively communicate analytical characterization of biotherapeutics, including monoclonal and bispecific antibodies, Fc-fusion proteins, and other modalities (adeno-associated virus, mRNA, siRNA, etc.) to support drug discovery and development.
- Lead and deliver on characterization activities to elucidate product quality attributes like post-translational modifications, sequence variants, charge variants, size variants, and host cell proteins.
- Form and maintain inter-departmental collaborations to solve any potential drug development issues.
- We find opportunities to advance LC-MS analysis of biotherapeutics by developing technical innovations that will contribute to future developmental needs and/or efficiency gains.
- Document experiments, results, and findings in electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) entries.
- Present results during internal and external meetings.
- Prepare and review regulatory submission documents like IND, comparability, and BLA reports, as well as manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Serve as a team representative and provide analytical knowledge and expertise to cross-functional teams.
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF:
- You are a critical-thinker and excel at identifying and solving problems.
- You thrive in creative and flexible team environments.
- You are self-motivated and can lead and coordinate multiple projects in a timely manner.
- To be successful in this role, candidates must be thorough, diligent, highly efficient, and capable of collaborating within a team and with external partners. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are also essential to this position.
To be considered you must have a MS degree +6 years experience or a PhD in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or a closely related field, with 2+ years of experience in mass spectrometry-based analysis of proteins and/or other biological molecules (e.g., oligonucleotides, mRNA, lipid nanoparticles, viral vectors). Extensive experience with advanced mass spectrometers (Q-TOF, Orbitrap, Q-Exactive, Triple Quadrupole, etc.), liquid chromatographs, and data processing software (Proteome Discoverer, Skyline, Protein Metrics, MaxQuant, etc.) is desired. Knowledge and hands-on experience in gene therapy analytics (AAVs, mRNA, siRNA) is a plus.
#REGNGeneTherapyADDoes this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides comprehensive benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and equity awards, annual bonuses, and paid time off for eligible employees at all levels!Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or parental status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.The salary ranges provided are shown in accordance with U.S. law and apply to U.S. based positions, where the hired candidate will be located in the U.S. If you are outside the U.S, please speak with your recruiter about salaries and benefits in your location.
Salary Range (annually)$103,600.00 - $169,000.00
Regeneron is a leading biotechnology company that invents life-transforming medicines for people with serious diseases. Founded and led for 30 years by physician-scientists, our unique ability to repeatedly and consistently translate science into medicine has led to seven FDA-approved treatments and numerous product candidates in development, all of which were homegrown in our laboratories. Our medicines and pipeline are designed to help patients with eye disease, allergic and inflammatory diseases, cancer, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, infectious diseases, pain and rare diseases.
Regeneron is accelerating and improving the traditional drug development process through our proprietary VelociSuite® technologies, such as VelocImmune® which produces optimized fully-human antibodies, and ambitious research initiatives such as the Regeneron Genetics Center, which is conducting one of the largest genetics sequencing efforts in the world.
Stock Symbol: REGN
Stock Exchange: NASDAQ
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
777 Old Saw Mill River Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert