Project Planner, Medical Operations Team (MOT)
- Lake County, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 15, 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Operations
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
The Medical Operations Team (MOT) Project Planner is responsible for supporting and tracking financial transactions, actual reconciliations, ensuring budget accuracy, leads process improvement workstreams, is the primary MOT contact for Global Scientific Publications (GSP), and serves as the MOT representative as required for other supported areas (Medical Operations, Medical Program Management, Medical Project Office, and Global Medical Information). The role will liaise directly with GSP Leads, AD/SPMs, the GSP Operations Team, and lead monthly review meetings with area teams and directors.
- Serves as the MOT representative and primary contact for GSP and as required, for other supported areas (Medical Operations, Medical Program Management, Medical Project Office, and Global Medical Information).
- Responsible for financial tracking and forecasting of the GSP budget.
- Collects, summarizes, consolidates, and verifies data from multiple sources for monthly budget tracking, reporting, and reconciliation.
- Organizes and leads reviews with GSP Leadership, compiling and providing standard reports on a monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc basis.
- Provides the right tools, reports, and data to facilitate strategic decisions.
- Leads/participates in process improvement workstreams. Utilizes and implements tools to identify novel solutions for metrics collection, data analysis, and process improvements.
- Provides project and historical information, reporting, and tracking to support finance planning cycles (monthly actuals, LBE, planning).
- Proactively monitors projects for issues that require resolution and communicates with stakeholders in a timely manner.
- As required, critically assesses vendor proposals and contracts to ensure compliance. Submits documentation to Purchasing or Outsourcing for PO issuance. Proactively monitors contracting processes to completion, addresses issues, and finds solutions. Completes new vendor setup documentation (including IT assessments) as appropriate.
- Provide guidance to GMA team members on AbbVie policies and procedures related to MOT areas of responsibility. Assist with audits, compliance reporting, and corporate initiatives as required.
- Owns operational support for the invoicing processes via Midas.
- May supervise or mentor junior employees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical, scientific or business-related field is required. Preference for MBA.
- Project management certification (e.g. PMP) and/or six sigma certification preferred.
- Minimum of 6+ years of operational and/or project management experience preferably in pharmaceutical industry.
- Applied knowledge of project management tools and processes (e.g. management of integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resources, communications, risk. and procurement).
- Confidence working with multiple systems to perform job responsibilities. Experience with the following systems is a plus: SAP – ECC/SRM, Excel, Qlik Sense, Salesforce.
- Extensive experience with performance measurement, metric reporting, data analysis, and communication (e.g. metrics, dashboards)
- Consistently communicates in an accurate, emotionally intelligent, concise, and inclusive manner.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines and able to adapt quickly to changes in priorities.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of the team to solve problems and drive results.
- Global Scientific Publication Leads, Finance, Medical Program Managers, Therapeutic Area Leads (USMA and GMA), Global Medical Operations, Medical Project Office
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert