Associate Scientist II, Antibody Discovery
- Worcester, Massachusetts
- Start date
- Mar 15, 2023
- Science/R&D, Biotechnology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Genetown, Best Places to Work
The Biologics Discovery Sciences group within Global Biologics is seeking a highly motivated research scientist to join the Hybridoma Discovery Sciences team at AbbVie Bioresearch Center (ABC). The ABC site, based in Worcester, MA, offers a unique setting where Biologics drug discovery, development and manufacturing coexist in one location. Our team interacts with multidisciplinary groups across AbbVie focused on developing therapies for Immunology, Virology, Neurology and Oncology diseases. We utilize innovative immunization approaches, advanced multiplex screening assays and best-in-class automation platforms to enable successful antibody discovery against complex targets.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be proficient in mammalian tissue culture handling and aseptic technique.
- Execute binding assays, such as ELISA and flow cytometry, analyze and document data.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills to multiple teams across different functional areas.
- B.S. in Biology or other related field with 3+ years of industry/academic experience or M.S. in Biology or other related field with 0-2+ years industry/academic experience.
- Strong attention to details when exercising organizational, documentation and communication skills.
- Proficiency in mathematical calculations, conversions, and formulas relevant to common lab applications.
- Competency with software programs, including MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Knowledge of basic molecular biology and/or immunology concepts
- Understanding of immunoassays (e.g. flow cytometry and ELISA)
- Proficiency with mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique.
- Proficiency in molecular and cell biology techniques including ELISA and flow cytometry.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert