Sr. Manager, Medical Communications Ad Promo
- Irvine, California
- Start date
- Mar 15, 2023
- Marketing, Marketing/Corporate Communications
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Beach, Best Places to Work
The Senior Manager, Medical Communications Ad Promo, represents the Medical function in the Material Review Process to guarantee medical, clinical, and scientific data accuracy, relevance, objectivity, balance and alignment with product label. Functions as the lead medical reviewer and sign-off for all promotional materials in designated area(s) of responsibility. Provides proactive guidance as needed for brand concepts and campaigns. Engages Commercial business partners early in the development of promotional materials to enhance efficiency and maintains ongoing communication. Attends, advises, and approves in collaboration /steering committee meetings as the lead Medical Reviewer for promotional review.
- Provides medical expertise and expert review including discussing and collaborating with appropriate review colleagues from other functions. Reviews promotional materials within the area of scientific expertise to ensure that the materials represent a balanced view of all available product information, all claims are scientifically accurate, the most current and appropriate evidence has been used and the item is in line with the licensed indications and product safety. Advises and gives guidance on the rigor of data in relation to scientific standards for promotional claims
- Serves as a medical/scientific expert to advise commercial colleagues and provide proactive guidance on brand concepts/campaigns and proper product/disease state claims development, etc. in collaboration with other business partners
- Maintains current and comprehensive knowledge of aesthetics medical information, techniques, appropriate medical approaches, competitive landscape, and patient outcomes.
- Provides strategic input, negotiates/resolves most decisions with business partners and collaborates effectively across functions.
- Supports departmental and business strategies. Has accountability for the sound representation of the medical position within and external to AbbVie and demonstrates adherence to medical guidance and standards.
- Attends, advises, and approves in review meetings as the lead Medical Reviewer for designated product areas.
- Maintains on-going communication with therapeutic area peers in Medical Affairs and Regulatory peers to ensure alignment
Education and Experience:
- Advanced health science education or equivalent combination of education and experience required. (PhD, PharmD, or MD preferred)
- 2-5 years experience in clinical practice, academic research, pharmaceuticals, regulatory/scientific, or medical science liaison (MSL) environment
- Previous experience as Regulatory or Medical reviewer for promotional materials (ideally greater than 1 year).
- Aesthetics experience preferred
- Medical affairs or medical communications experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of the IFPMA code (and any other applicable code depending on the region)
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to learn and convey medical information effectively.
- Works individually (reviewing materials electronically) and collaboratively with other review team members
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, with proven ability to effectively present to audiences of varying levels
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and product responsibilities
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert