Project Manager-Global Robotics
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Start date
- Mar 15, 2023
- Engineering, Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The mission of engineering is to utilize sound engineering principles to safely create qualify, maintain, and continuously improve the processes, facilities and equipment needed to carry out the manufacturing mission. In support of this mission, the Global Robotics Program delivers value to the organization by developing and deploying solutions across the Lilly manufacturing network that result in improved safety, quality, and efficiency.
The Global Robotics Program project manager provides technical expertise and project management skills for the development and deployment of robotic solutions. This specific role requires combined expertise in engineering and project management with an emphasis on leading capital projects, and effectively leading and managing projects resources by the Global Robotics Program (GRP) and external partners. This role manages a portfolio of projects to successful outcomes, and incorporates engineering standards, specifications, and best practices. This role requires an understanding and ability to adeptly apply principles of design and delivery for effective delivery strategy.
- Lead and manage large capital projects and/or global programs consisting of both Lilly and Non-Lilly professionals to safely achieve project objectives.
- Lead with a disciplined, structured approach to project management based on compliance with GFD, GRP, and Lilly Policies.
- Be a champion for safety. Develop and maintain safety and environmental execution plans for projects. Ensure compliance to safety and environmental policies, procedures, and work rules for Lilly personnel, contractors, and subcontractors from conceptual design through operational qualification.
- Develop and maintain effective communication with project teams, governance teams, business partners and other stakeholders as the size and complexity of the project dictates.
- Clearly define effective and efficient project management practices to be utilized by the program, and processes that are focused on integrating and managing program activity to achieve program goals.
- Lead the delivery of the GRP portfolio to meet business commitments under significant constraints (resources, organizational, financial, etc.) and within the given framework of project delivery strategies.
- Responsible for managing internal and external resources required to deliver the GRP portfolio.
- Provide technical coaching to other Lilly engineers. Facilitate standards and best practices applications to capital projects.
- Be a champion for safety and a role model for diversity, ethics, and compliance.
- Bachelor's or Master's in science or engineering
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in project delivery
- Capital project management experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to lead divers, multi-functional site and global teams (Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, TS/MS, Quality etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to customers, business partners, and staff orally, written, and visually
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply solutions to different situations by understanding customer needs and utilizing problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence personnel without direct administrative responsibility
- Proficiency delivering highly complex tasks including highly cross-functional or cross-site projects with aggressive timelines
- Willingness to relocate and willingness to travel with demonstrated ability to work at long distances with minimal supervision
- Project Management Professional certification
- Previous experience managing projects and/or programs >$25 million
- Experience in most of the following disciplines: Automation, robotics, construction, commissioning, qualification, project controls, safety, scheduling, mechanical engineering, and logistics
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in highly automated manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated sound judgement in decision making, without the need for management approval with the ability to keep management informed and engaged on critical issues
- Significant domestic and international travel may be required (+50% potential)
- Will require work in a manufacturing environment
- Safety equipment and/or gowning required per policy based on environment
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert