Engineer - Utilities
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Start date
- Mar 15, 2023
- Engineering, Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer, Validation Engineer, Information Technology, System Administration
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. For more than 140 years, we have worked tirelessly to discover medicines that make life better. These discoveries start in Lilly Research Laboratories, where our scientists work to create new medicines that will help solve our world’s greatest health challenges.
The LTC Utilities site motto is the “heartbeat of manufacturing”. We provide a critical role in enabling our manufacturing business partners to make medicine through generating and reliably supplying the required utilities throughout the LTC site.
This role is the process engineer for the LTC High Purity Water system. This individual ensures that the system is operated and maintained in a reliable, cost effective and compliant manner.
- Monitor the critical process and quality parameters to assure that the system is operating properly and producing a product that meets all regulatory requirements.
- Generate written instructions for the proper way to operate and maintain the equipment and process to assure that the system operates within the controlled parameters.
- Initiate customer consultation and notifications on issues that involve high purity water.
- Provide technical assistance as necessary to process support, maintenance, and operations personnel.
- Support internal and external inspections.
- Assure that there is adequate site generation and distribution capacity by monitoring the site usage and staying abreast of future site requirements. This includes providing information for the site utilities master plan and reviewing the information provided by the customers as to their current and future demands.
- Work cross-functionally to install equipment, valves, piping, and instrumentation as necessary to provide reliable utility systems that meet the site demand requirements.
- Integral part of the process team by providing support data, demonstrating First Principle Engineering, maintaining KPI’s, authoring annual process reviews, and maintaining process master plan document.
- Lead RCA investigations and demonstrate RCA lead investigator proficiency.
- BS in Engineering or related science
- Previous experience with GMP systems, system validation, and documentation requirements.
- Prior TrackWise experience.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of understanding of engineering concepts, first principles, engineering functional standards, and process utilities support.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry including an assignment involving utilities, manufacturing, and project management.
This role is an onsite position in Indianapolis and will require relocation to Indianapolis, IN (within driving distance).
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert