Advisor - ADME Research
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Start date
- Mar 15, 2023
- Regulatory, Research/Documentation, Science/R&D, Research
- Required Education
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Our diverse ADME team is seeking a hardworking scientist interested in the discovery and clinical development of genetic medicines including RNAs, oligonucleotides, and gene therapy. If you have a talent for finding creative solutions to complex problems, apply today! We want you on our team at our growing Boston site.
Our scientifically agile team works collaboratively to deliver novel biological therapies to patients. We support one another through shared-learning and mutual-responsibility for the enterprise of making medicines. Ours is a flexible environment where each team member can optimize their productivity while being mindful of wellness. This enables each of us to grow our careers as well as the scientific field in our search for safe and effective medicines. Please connect with us if you are a motivated and collaborative scientist looking for an opportunity to innovate at the forefront of novel therapies to improve the lives of patients.
Do you have experience or curiosity about the discovery and/or development of genetic therapeutics? This is the role for you!A high-quality candidate will demonstrate the following:
- High learning agility and a keen ability to derive and efficiently test ADME and DMPK hypotheses.
- Strong working-knowledge in fundamental pharmaceutics, pharmacokinetics and ADME principles - especially as they relate to genetic medicine and novel therapeutic modalities.
- Understanding of contemporary pharmaceutical regulatory guidance and expectations.
- Skills to integrate internal and external laboratory and other experimental resources through high quality scientific associations.
- Agile interrogation of diverse data (e.g., in silico, in vitro, in vivo) to derive mechanistic understanding of drug action and performance characteristics.
Lilly-ADME seeks a skilled ADME / DMPK scientist who will:
- Lead and innovate in a multidisciplinary team environment with primary responsibility for ADME studies to support preclinical and clinical development of the Lilly portfolio.
- Design and implement hypothesis driven studies to answer ADME-PK, PK/PD and toxicokinetic (TK) questions.
- Integrate ADME, PK and PK/PD endpoints with discovery biology data to influence drug design, optimization, and delivery strategies.
- Engage, innovate, and collaborate with colleagues and interdisciplinary teams.
- Lead the preparation of regulatory communication and documents to support clinical development, new drugs applications and line extensions and interact with regulatory agencies worldwide.
- Build and foster relationships through coaching and mentorship with fellow scientists.
- Possess excellent written and verbal technical communication and the ability to lead, guide and influence teams in decision making.
Ph.D. in Biochemistry/Biology/Cell Biology/Pharmacokinetics or a related scientific fieldAdditional Skills/Preferences:
- Experience with PK/PD modeling and/or bio-distribution of nucleic acids or AAV-based gene therapy
- Understanding of and experience with PCR, immunoassay, and/or LC/MS bioanalytical methodology
This is a full-time position located in Cambridge, MA.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert