Pharmaceutical Sales - Sr Business Director - Neuroscience Specialty
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Start date
- Mar 15, 2023
- Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics, Sales & Service, Account Management
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Position Territory - BOSTON MA NS SPEC 153207
For over 25 years, Lilly has been committed to helping people suffering from migraine, investigating more than a dozen different compounds for the treatment of migraine and disabling headache disorders. These research programs have accelerated understanding of this disease and advanced the development of Lilly's comprehensive Migraine portfolio for prevention of migraine and cluster headache, and for the acute treatment of migraine. Our goal is to make life better for people with migraine by offering comprehensive solutions to prevent or stop this disabling disease. The combined clinical, academic and professional experience of our experts helps us to build our research portfolio, identify challenges for healthcare providers and pinpoint the needs of people living with migraine and cluster headache.
Sound interesting to you? Read on to find out more about how you can join our leadership sales team, where you will enjoy meaningful work, build a successful career and make important contributions to our patients’ lives.Responsibilities
The Neurosciences Specialty Sr. Business Director is responsible for effectively working with a cross-functional group (marketing, finance, HR, Market research, Managed Care, Medical) of business peers, leadership, corporate, and a team of reps to exceed sales results, provide exceptional customer experiences, and hire, retain and develop talent. In this role, you will be the business owner within a defined district and implement corporate strategies across the team.
Demonstrate Exceptional Leadership:
- Inspires team performance and cultivates a culture that is customer focused and accountable
- Communicates clearly the corporate, business unit, area, and district vision, strategy, goals, and processes into action
- Collaborates with the district to develop a vision, strategy, goals and processes that are aligned to the business unit and area
- Lives the Lilly Leadership Principles: Connect with People, Be Determined, and Drive Continuous Improvement
- Models and coaches sales representatives to ensure understanding of and compliance with all Lilly policies and procedures
Develops Engaged Employees:
- Helps create and contribute to a “Team Lilly” culture where we execute with speed and agility
- Models and coaches sales representatives to develop as high performing individuals and work together as part of a high functioning team
- Adapts coaching and leadership style to train sales representative competencies utilizing the Lilly Coaching Model
- Identifies, recruits, develops and retains diverse talent based on the right mix of customer centricity, Lilly leadership behaviors, and local business needs
- Collaborates with sales representatives to explore and identify their career goals, develops individual development plans and uses his/her professional network to provide experiences that develop and retain local talent.
- Utilizes the performance management process to inspire individual performance
- Facilitates effective live and virtual group learning experiences to accelerate their team’s development around critical capabilities, brand strategies, disease state, product, payer, market knowledge.
- Monitors individual employee engagement and team health and continually looks for opportunities to improve them.
Ensures Positive Customer Experiences:
- Models and coaches customer interaction capabilities (e.g., Strategic Account Management, and Value Based Selling) that result in industry leading customer value and service
- Sets high expectations for customer value creation, monitors performance, and takes appropriate action (positive/developmental)
- Create an environment where we have a keen understanding of our diverse customer and patient base as the competitive landscape
- Builds strategic relationships with key customers and external partners including key HCPs, thought leaders, and other local market decision makers and influencers
- Understands payer reimbursement patterns, trends, and associated implications to customer and sites of care to enable appropriate alignment of Lilly resources
- Coaches sales professionals to demonstrate deep understanding of products and disease state when interacting with HCPs
- Share key findings across the business unit, as appropriate, to enhance the overall customer experience
Delivers Business Results:
- Able to understand, communicate, and execute the business unit sales plan at the district level to achieve desired performance
- Use strengths and resources to collect local opportunities, mitigate local threats and weaknesses, and achieve area & business unit objectives
- Maximize business opportunities by accessing and/or negotiating, identifying and allocating resources across district
- Coach, model, and evaluate processes and execution of territory business plans to achieve business results
- Implement business plan, monitor execution and results, and adapt as needed to accomplish business objectives, accelerate district performance and support eco-system growth
- Accountable and responsible for budget and resources required to support the business unit/area/district strategy, and model the ability to make appropriate trade-off decisions
- Use internal and Lilly field team resources, tools, and capabilities
- Remove barriers that stand in the way of achieving results and delivering extraordinary customer experiences
- Operate with high integrity, comply, and coach to Lilly policies and procedures within team
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Professional certification or license required to perform this position if required by a specific state
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Successful sales leadership experience in a Specialty or account-based setting
- Marketing or other functional leadership experience in Neurosciences or Specialty Biologics
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Previous product launch experience
- Strong business operations/analytics skills and resource management capabilities
- Proven ability to lead the Service Value Chain across team, peers and leadership and make effective business trade-offs
- Strong coaching of strategic account management to achieve business results
- High learning agility
- Strong ability to hire, coach, and develop a team for an evolving healthcare environment
- Success developing clear market level goals and objectives to accelerate team performance
- Ability to work cross functionally with other field stakeholders (i.e. Field Reimbursement, Market Managers, etc.) and leverage internal business partners and networks (Marketing, Operations, Payer, Compliance, etc.) to address district-level challenges or questions to enhance the customer experience.
- Live inside geography or within 50 miles of geography boundaries
- Travel Percentage: 50-75% with some overnight travel required
- Lilly currently anticipates that the base salary for this position could range from between $135,000 to $222,000 and will depend, in part, on the successful candidate’s qualifications for the role, including education and experience. This position also will be eligible for a company bonus(depending, in part, on company and individual performance). In addition, Lilly offers a comprehensive benefit program to eligible employees, including eligibility to participate in a company-sponsored retirement plan and 401(k); vacation benefits; eligibility for medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits; flexible benefits (e.g., healthcare and/or dependent daycare flexible spending accounts); life insurance and death benefits; certain time off and leave of absence benefits; and well-being benefits (e.g., employee assistance program, fitness benefits, and employee clubs and activities).Of course, the compensation described above is subject to change and could be higher or lower than the range described above. Further, Lilly reserves the right to amend, modify, or terminate its compensation and benefit programs in its sole discretion and Lilly’s compensation practices and guidelines will apply regarding the details of any promotion or transfer of Lilly employees.
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( Lilly_Recruiting_Compliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women’s Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert