Psychiatry Account Manager - Toledo West, OH
- Toledo, Ohio
- Start date
- Mar 14, 2023
- Sales & Service, Account Management
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
Territory: Toledo West, OH - Psychiatry
Target city for territory is Toledo - will consider candidates who live within 40 miles of territory boundaries with access to a major airport. Territory boundaries include: Bowling Green, Defiance, Maumee, Napoleon, Perrysburg, Sylvania, Toledo and Wauseon.
Are you a results-driven pharmaceutical sales professional looking to be part of a collaborative, agile and patient-focused organization? At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best. Inspired and driven by our purpose, we are the only global biopharmaceutical company focused solely on brain diseases. We have a robust and innovative pipeline, bringing forward transformative therapies to address unmet needs in neurology and psychiatry. Join us on our journey of growth!
As a Psychiatry Account Manager, you lead the promotion of our psychiatry portfolio, executing sales and marketing strategies with comprehensive clinical knowledge to drive sales performance. Our Account Managers are adept at executing against the toughest commercialization challenges in today’s rapidly changing environment and must demonstrate strong capability in the following areas:
Business Planning & Account Leadership - Ability to use digital tools and apply data-based insights to create opportunities, develop strategy & tactics, allocate resources to enhance sales execution, monitor progress and adjust direction to maximize sales performance.
Selling - Deliver messages in a clear and compelling way to customers, effectively probe customer needs to handle objections, and close every call with a commitment to action to drive changes in behavior.
Customer Development - Build and maintain productive internal and external relationships based on customer needs and organizational goals, incorporating “total office” account management.
Local Market & Therapeutic Area Expertise - Gather and validate key trends and dynamics in the market, map account linkages, and apply comprehensive therapeutic knowledge to uncover and prioritize unique opportunities.
Reimbursement - Consistently demonstrate the ability to stay informed on reimbursement dynamics, anticipate and effectively address payer access issues (IDNs, Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial) using Lundbeck resources.
Pharmaceutical Environment/Compliance - Ability to apply knowledge of pharmaceutical and regulatory environment, including accountability and adherence to Lundbeck policies and procedures and FDA regulations regarding the promotion of pharmaceutical and medical products.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences degree from an accredited college or university
- 2+ years pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biologics, medical device sales or related healthcare sales experience
- Must demonstrate the intellectual capacity to score highly on disease and product training exams, including being certified on product knowledge annually
- Self-starter, with a strong work ethic and outstanding communication skills
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Must live within 40 miles of territory boundaries
- Driving is an essential duty of this job; must have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record that meets company requirements
- Meeting and complying with reasonable industry-standard credentialing requirements of healthcare providers / customer facilities is required for continued employment with Lundbeck
- The Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof upon hire, or request a medical or religious accommodation
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Previous experience within a specialty product sales force.
- Prior experience promoting and detailing products specific to CNS/neuroscience including: depression, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
- Documented successful sales performance
- Ownership and accountability for the development and execution of fully integrated account plans
- Strong analytical background, and experience using sales data reporting tools to identify trends
- Experience in product launches
- Previous experience working with alliance partners (i.e., co-promotions)
- Strong leadership through participation in committees, job rotations, panels and related activities
- Willingness/Ability to travel up to 30% - 40% domestically to (a) regularly meet/interact with customer base and internal personnel within assigned territory; and (b) typically attend 4-8 internal/external conferences and meetings spanning locations within the United States. Travel must be able to be completed in a timely manner.
Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep heritage of discovery and have brought breakthrough therapies to millions of people across the globe. And we're just getting started! Our success is driven by our great people and inclusive culture, which is guided by our beliefs of being Patient-Driven, Courageous, Ambitious, Passionate & Responsible. Are you ready to make an impact, one patient at a time?
Lundbeck offers a robust and comprehensive benefits package to help employees live well and protect their health, family, and everyday life. Information regarding our benefit offering can be found on the U.S. career site.
Lundbeck is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and other individuals with disabilities during our employment application process. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit the U.S. career site.
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify.
At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health so every person can be their best. Headquartered in Copenhagen with a U.S. home office in Deerfield, Ill., Lundbeck is the only global biopharmaceutical company focused solely on brain diseases. Our legacy in neuroscience goes back seven decades and we have a long heritage of innovation. Lundbeck has developed and commercialized some of the world’s most widely prescribed therapies for psychiatric and neurological disorders. Today, we remain uncompromisingly committed to improving the quality of life for people impacted by brain disorders. Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep and productive pipeline, and we continue to bring forward symptomatic therapies to help people live better lives, while simultaneously pursuing disease-modifying treatments.
- Deerfield, IL - Lundbeck US Home Office
- LaJolla, CA - Lundbeck La Jolla Research Center, Inc.
- Bothell, WA - Lundbeck Seattle BioPharmaceuticals, Inc
Diversity matters, and inclusion creates powerful organizations To ensure that we reflect the diversity of our patients and their needs, we are focused on creating the context, culture, and systems where all Lundbeck employees - no matter who and where they are - can be their authentic self and perform at their best. In practice, this means that individuals feel empowered not despite their differences but because of them. We know that people are sometimes put into boxes - some of these boxes are of our own choosing and some of these boxes are chosen for us. For this reason, Lundbeck is taking a systematic, business-led approach to D&I that looks into and breaks down these boxes. Our bold action on inclusion includes an ambitious two-year plan that enables equality of opportunity through fairness and transparency, promotes openness, tackles bias and discrimination, and fosters belonging through our unique Lundbeck culture. From the highest levels of Lundbeck to the shop floor, we are working to ensure D&I is an integrated practice and mindset. "We win together. Lundbeck is a place where you grow and thrive – personally and professionally. We embrace the uniqueness of individuals, knowing we are stronger when every brain is in the game." Deborah Dunsire, CEO
Lundbeck offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, dental, vision effective day 1 of employment
• Generous vacation, sick leave, holiday shut down and company paid holidays
• 401k match with immediate vesting
• Parental Leave
• Hybrid work model for office-based roles
To view more details about our Benefits, please click on the link below.
Lundbeck 2023 Benefits Summary
Sustainable Development Goals
In 2020, we based the key aspects of our sustainability strategy on the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We found we have a significant impact on seven of the 17 Goals:
• Goal 3: Good Health and Well-being
• Goal 5: Gender Equality
• Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
• Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities
• Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
• Goal 13: Climate Action
• Goal 16: Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions
Key examples are Goal 3 that is closely linked to our corporate purpose and dedication to restore brain health and Goal 13 that drives our efforts to prepare for a zero emissions future. We will use our influence and act to promote Goals 5, 8, 12 and 16. Across our sustainability actions, we are seeking partnerships with others to enable change and maximize impact (Goal 17).
Who We Are
A highly specialized pharmaceutical company that has conducted neuroscience research for more than 70 years. We develop innovative treatments to restore brain health and transform the lives of millions of people worldwide.
What We Strive For
Global leadership in brain health. Whatever your area of specialization, you will be part of our company-wide commitment to develop and advance treatments that improve the lives of people with brain disease.
What Drives Us
A culture of innovation, collaboration, and respect. We inspire curiosity, expect integrity, and pursue our achievements through knowledge-sharing, patient engagement, and the passion to deliver our end goal.
Our Societal Commitment
We understand we carry a huge responsibility for the societies we serve, and use our knowledge and voice to raise awareness, challenge standards, and increase opportunities – for patients and each other. We are at the forefront of treatment innovation, and together we continue to make a difference to people living with brain diseases.
Our Investment in You
As one way we invest in your career, we offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefit package that matches benchmark and general market conditions in our individual business locations.
The success of our strategy, “Expand and Invest to Grow Lundbeck” hinges on our combined competencies – and competence hinges on highly qualified and motivated employees. Our Employee Satisfaction Survey (ESS) gives us the pulse on employee motivation by asking about key elements in our work lives including management, work climate and development opportunities. We follow up on the ESS with concrete initiatives aimed at maintaining our focus on our unique workplace culture and providing personalized and aligned development opportunities for our employees.
• Patient-driven We put patients at the center of our fight for health and human dignity.
• Courageous We dare to confront unsolved healthcare challenges.
• Ambitious We set high expectations for ourselves because people in need have high expectations of us.
• Passionate We persist in developing life-changing therapies because life should not be interrupted by brain disease.
• Responsible We act with respect and integrity in everything we do
6 Parkway North
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert