Director, Facilities-Lab Operations
- Cascade Biosciences
- 33432, Boca Raton
- Starting Salary $100K to $120K annually, commensurate with experience plus benefits
- Start date
- Mar 14, 2023
- Administration, Facilities, Manufacturing & Production, Facilities & Site, Materials/Inventory Control, Operations, Safety, Regulatory, Legal/Compliance
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of warehouse operations including best industry practices, application of principles, concepts, practices, standards, validation, and qualification Comprehensive understanding of facilities maintenance and operations management, utility operations and infrastructure. Keen understanding of sourcing/procurement, building systems and maintenance, vendor management and customer service Excellent organizational, time management & multi-tasking skills. Excellent cross-functional teamwork skills. Effective time management and priority focus skills. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook). ERP system knowledge (SAP, QT9, Oracle, or other.). Operations Experience / knowledge Prior Knowledge of cGMP/GDP/GTP/GLP regulations Knowledge of Quality systems (21 CFR 210/211, 21 CFR 820, and/or ISO 13485) Knowledge of OSHA and other applicable WH regulations. Knowledge on how to write SOPs. Ability to work independently. Oversee the company's facility operations, manage maintenance staff, facilitate office moves and manage janitorial duties, all while remaining in compliance with standards as well as local, state, federal and all governing regulations. Ensures proper protocols are followed to maintain compliance with equipment, facility, automation, and asset management infrastructure.
- Minimum - Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 5 + years of industrial environment supervisory experience
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for managing inspecting and maintaining facility systems such as, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems to ensure optimal operating results. Develop routine systems to ensure constant monitoring of Facilities to include any problem areas. Ensure consistent maintenance and repair methods for all building/equipment components. Perform daily, weekly, and monthly (as applicable) monitoring with a high attention to detail to identify any problems. Knowledge of electronic laboratory monitoring systems (EM: Temperature, Differential Pressures, Humidity, CO2). Supervise, inspect, and provide direction and follow-up with janitorial/cleaning service provider. Supervise, inspect, and provide direction and follow-up with pest control vendor. Follow instructions on safe use of all chemicals/cleaning materials and insecticides. Supervise various administrative tasks. Knowledge of cleanroom technology. Perform facility maintenance management tasks and special facilities related projects as may be assigned by Global Facilities and Real Estate Director or manager. Perform daily operational activities associated with receiving and storage of materials. Maintain shipping, receiving, staging, kitting and storage areas that are compliant, efficient, effective, and safe. Manage and expedite receipt along with ensuring appropriate s inspection of incoming materials. Manage the creation, implementation and compliance for all documentation, procedures, and policies. Identify operational issues both internally and externally, develop proposals, outline solutions, and provide time commitments and resources. Manages inventory levels in various areas. Ensuring expiration dates are checked and rotating of supplies. Manages the removal of expired supplies for disposal. Establishes/Manages par levels. Rounds on a daily basis to ensure all supply locations are organized and have adequate stock of supplies. Able to Train and Allocate staff to the various areas for coverage. Create efficiencies in ordering process and remove waste where possible. Design process for reviewing back and open orders. Checks expiration dates on supplies in inventory and rotates supplies. Perform the unloading and unpacking of inventory items as they are received. Notifies to appropriate managing staff of any issues, such as overstocking and discrepancies. Fills requisitions and delivers supplies to appropriate location in a timely manner. Assures that supplies are charged appropriately on the day of delivery. Prints and places appropriate labels on inventory packages. Ensures that receiving and order paperwork is accurate and preserved appropriately. Coordinate plant maintenance activities. Identify cost and efficiency opportunities with respect to facilities services such as property maintenance, energy management, safety supplies and equipment and security. Timely and accurate completion of all daily and monthly requirements Plan and coordinate periodic physical inventory. Track and monitor performance metrics and indicators for all operational processes. Responsible for the documentation of processes/equipment/etc, Deviations/CAPA, and change control.
- Intermittent walking and sitting to perform job functions; however, ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time may be necessary. Physical dexterity sufficient to use computers and documentation. Sufficient vision and hearing capability to work in job environment. Must have the ability to work around laboratories and controlled, enclosed, restricted areas. Cleanroom garments and personal protective equipment will be required in designated areas which cover head, parts of the face, core body, and legs/feet. Flexibility to don clean room garments and personal protective equipment (PPE). Clean room environment is an enclosed, restricted space, with assigned pressure and temperature conditions. Reagents, chemicals, and exposure to sanitization agents are expected. Routine exposure to human blood components. Designated areas may prohibit food, any outside materials such as cell phones, tablets, at a minimum.
LOCATION: On-site in lab located in Boca Raton, FL 33432, Full Time position
SALARY RANGE: $100,000 to $120,000 (salary commensurate with experience) with Company benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race ,color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert