Third Party Risk Manager
- Lake County, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 14, 2023
- Administration, Human Resources/Recruiting, General
- Required Education
- Associate Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
AbbVie is seeking an energetic, self-motivated manager to join the Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) team within the Information Security & Risk Management function of Business Technology Solutions as a second line of defense. The TPRM team is a dedicated group of professionals whose mission is to provide value-add, independent stewardship of AbbVie’s third party management practices enabling AbbVie business owners to manage third party risk.
The manager role will play a key role in maturing AbbVie’s TPRM program and provide advice and guidance to the first line of defense. The overall TRPM team provides not only the governance structure for TPRM, but also advice and effective challenge in all areas of Third Party Risk Management, from individual third party situations (e.g., monitoring actions, issues and events) to larger bodies of risk that may span a business area or an entire division. As a Risk Manager, you and your team will also provide guidance to first line business areas and third party management on whether they are meeting AbbVie’s program requirements. In addition, you will be responsible for implementing and operationalizing a continuous monitoring program that will focus on monitoring and managing risks throughout the third party’s life cycle.
As part of the larger Information Security Security & Risk Management organization, you will work with talented associates to provide oversight and effective challenge to ensure that our businesses effectively manage third party information security risk overall. This includes enabling our organizations to maintain a sustainable and holistic third party risk profile in order to deliver superior business needs while also protecting our customers. You’ll also bring your unique perspective and experiences to help us be rigorous, curious and creative.
Risk Managers have a natural passion for managing risk with excellent project, process and analytical skills. With these skills, they serve as change agents to effectively challenge business leaders on our highest profile risk projects. Risk Managers partner with executives and other risk leaders to identify potential Risks in an open, collaborative environment where new ideas and solutions are both welcomed and rewarded. They are team leaders that inspire and empower their teams through openness and inclusion to think broadly about risk, informed consultation, and effective challenge.
Specific responsibilities of the Manager of TPRM include and are not limited to:
- Leads a team of risk professionals responsible for working across the enterprise to oversee the first line, set clear requirements, and assist them in mitigating third party risk
- Provides risk consulting to multiple business areas, effectively challenges and is a thought leader in providing guidance to implementing third party risk management practices
- Analyzes data and influences others to proactively identify risks and trends, provides oversight and guidance during risk assessment and reporting and during audits and exams
- Creates collaborative environments between other risk teams and various partner groups to create an integrated and seamless risk experience for the business (i.e. BTS compliance teams, procurement, ISRM, etc.)
- Owns and leads team-wide initiatives aimed at improving TPRM’s continuous monitoring activities, team engagement and/or our underlying risk policies and processes.
- Is forward-leaning and stays current on the changing regulatory environment and understands the impacts to the businesses their team is advising
Bachelor's Degree with 7 years experience; Master's Degree with 6 years experience; PhD with 2 years experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in Third Party Risk Management
- At least 3 years of People Leadership experience
- At least 5 years of experience working with internal business clients
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert