#Sr. Scientist I/II - Operations
- Worcester, Massachusetts
- Start date
- Mar 14, 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Operations, Science/R&D, Biotechnology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Genetown, Best Places to Work
AbbVie is search of talented highly motivated Senior Scientists to join our team. Roles would be based at our facility in Worcester, MA. We're on the cutting edge of creating products that assist our patients on a daily basis. So join us!
- Independently design and conduct critical experiments that further project goals.
- Implement and may innovate new experimental protocols/techniques.
- Understand the goal and maintain a high proficiency in his/her projects as well as the overall program.
- Interpret results and draw conclusions from own multistage experiments, note significant deviations, then suggest, design, and pursue relevant experiments.
- Understand relevant scientific literature and apply theoretical framework to solving problems within scientific discipline in a timely manner.
- Perform routine and complex tasks competently and independently and generate reliable and consistent results.
- Impact projects mostly through lab and/or pilot plant based activities.
- Responsible for compliance with all applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds, GxP compliance, and animal care where applicable.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 10 years of experience in Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering or related life sciences, Master’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 8 years of experience or PhD and no experience necessary.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert