Director, Business Development (Viral Gene Therapy)
- FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
- Boston, MA
- Start date
- Mar 14, 2023
- Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics, Sales & Service, Business Development, Science/R&D, Biotherapeutics
- Required Education
- Masters Degree/MBA
- Position Type
- Full time
The Director, Business Development, Viral Gene Therapy (internally known as Commercial Development Manager) sells FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies' VGT services, presenting our technology that has paved the way for the development of gene therapy as a potential long-lasting therapeutic option. You will be selling our ability to provide development, analytical, and manufacturing solutions for viral product needs, including viral vectors for gene therapy and gene-modified cell therapy. You will identify, manage the initial qualification and close through the signing of a letter agreement new business with new customer. This position will be based in Boston, MA.
The work we do at FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies has never been more important—and we are looking for talented candidates to join us. We are growing our locations, our capabilities, and our teams, and looking for passionate, mission-driven people like you who want to make a real difference in people's lives. Join us and help create the next vaccine, cure, or gene therapy in partnership with some of the most innovative biopharma companies across the globe. We are proud to cultivate a culture that will fuel your passion, energy and drive - what we call Genki.
Join our growing VGT team! The ideal candidate has a go-getter and hunter mindset to build a client database, and follow through with each client through the full sale cycle, from the initial prospect through contract signature. You are the bridge between FDB and the client – you will keep current and potential clients informed about latest initiatives and events at FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies, such as investments in capacity, technology, acquisitions, innovation achievements, and presentations at major industry events. In addition to the external client, you will also collaborate with multiple subject matter experts in our legal team, finance, process development, manufacturing, and quality.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Know and understand our business and communicate that knowledge to potential customers
- Establish relationship with technical and business leaders and technical experts within us to ensure full and timely support for new business acquisition
- Ensure continuing flow of information to business and technical leaders about Territory, customer pipeline and new business acquisition efforts
- Follow any procedures established for Sales and Marketing team, such as utilizing appropriate forms for client meetings, following proposal approval process, providing conference feedback using approved format, following procedures for travel booking, etc.
- Meet the objectives defined in the annual sales plan
- Support Executive Director of Commercial Development and Global Vice President of Commercial Development in achieving departmental and company objectives.
- Assist in development of an overall company sales plan
- Assist in development of standard company business presentation and deliver such standard presentation at client meetings or as required by management
- Maintain knowledge of assigned territory and develop relationship with potential clients:
- Maintain awareness of potential market and business opportunities in the assigned geographic are (Territory) Prepare and keep current a marketing plan identifying potential customers, company pipeline, and key contacts in Territory
- Establish and maintain contact with decision-makers and influencers within companies in Territory
- Stay abreast with latest development in Territory, including rounds of financing, M&A, partnerships, clinical trials, etc.
- Stay aware of program status for existing clients in Territory
- Actively seek new contacts with potential clients from Territory by interacting at conferences and events.
- Provide regular updates on Territory and potential customers as required by management
- Weekly updates on the status and expected program start date for opportunities with medium and high probabilities
- Maintain Sharepoint folders for clients including RFP and other technical documents received from clients, proposals and revisions, blueprints and revisions, and any other relevant information
- Manage contract negotiations for clinical programs
- Manage contractual agreement negotiations from issuing the contract template to contract signature
- Assure that contracts are negotiated and signed timely
- Stay in regular contact with clients and maintain awareness of client pipeline and any potential follow —up business; ensure that FDB is always considered for any new program from client portfolio
- Lead business discussions with potential clients
- Oversee development of proposals and other responses to customers' inquires (e.g. RNs)
- Support existing programs
- Support the Program Management and execution team as required by management
- Provide client with updates on new developments with the company, such as new acquisitions or investment into capacity or technology, innovation programs, or participations in major industry events Provide business leadership for proposal development:
- Lead client business and technical conference calls and client visits
- Provide guidance to Program Design Directors on clients' requirements, sensitivities, and required scope of proposals
- Ensure that proposal fully address all clients' requests or questions, and are written in clear, proper English
- Write executive summary for proposal and deliver proposals to customers
- Ensure that proposals, blueprints are timely uploaded to Sharepoint; update Salesforce upon issuing of a proposal
Provide support to Sales and Marketing group
- Participate in tier meetings, sales team meetings and other regular company meetings
- Provide weekly update on changes in Territory and with prospective clients
- Provide visibility to the team of travel plans, conference and event participation, and client visits
- Share information about innovation in sales and any industry news or developments that can strengthen team's and company's ability to win more or new business
- Keep awareness of competitors in your Territory and share information relevant for the team Lead meetings or projects as requested by Director
- Represent company at conferences, trade shows and other industry events
- Develop conference/tradeshow attendance plan as part of Territory marketing plan
- Deliver company presentations at conferences/trade shows when appropriate
- Take ownership of company exhibit/booth at conference and tradeshow; set up exhibit/booth, provide company information including innovation initiatives and industry differentiation to booth visitors, ensure that the booth is taken down and shipped at closure of the event
- Interact with conference/trade show organizers to secure any presentation and speaking opportunities for technical or business experts
- Support technical or business experts during and after their presentations at events by interacting with audience and providing relevant information
- Maintain awareness of competitors presenting or exhibiting at conferences/trade shows; attend presentations and visits booths; report on new offering, any innovation projects and change in marketing or business strategy, new sales team members and new technical experts, etc.
- Help Marketing develop and maintain an attractive, timely and effective marketing message and appropriate promotional materials
- graduate degree, masters preferred in Life Sciences
- A minimum of 5 years' experience at a CDMO preferred
- Experience with contract negotiations
- Familiar with Master Service Agreements and working with legal counterparts
- Expertise in Salesforce – Ability to keep Salesforce database and Sharepoint up-to-date and update Salesforce database timely with new contacts and new information about customer companies and opportunities.
- Experience Selling VGT services is a plus
- Be willing to travel to customers within their territory and to all sites in support of sales process. (Travel may average as much as 50% of time in any period and may include international travel.)
- Be able to interact with customers at different levels within the customer's organization from middle management through senior executives
- Possess analytical skills to evaluate and prioritize opportunities in their territory that are potential new business for FDB worldwide
- Continue development of technical and business knowledge about company offerings and intra-company initiatives, and sales process innovations, biotechnologies
FDBU works with technical data, technology and materials that are subject to U.S. export laws and regulations. This position will require access to technical data, technology and source code that is controlled under U.S. export laws and regulations, including but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations at 22 C.F.R. Parts 120 – 130 and Export Administration Regulations in 15 C.F.R. Part 730 – 774, as may be amended. To conform to these laws and regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., protected individuals as defined by 8 USC 1324(b)(a)(3) (i.e., asylees and refugees) or otherwise eligible for an export authorization from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce. Offers of employment will be contingent on the Company's ability to secure an export authorization. FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class.
FDBU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or any other protected class. If an accommodation to the application process is needed, please e-mail FDBUHR@fujifilm.com.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of FUJIFILM about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at FUJIFILM via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of FUJIFILM, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by FUJIFILM for this requisition and a valid agreement with FUJIFILM is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the FUJIFILM agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
If COVID-19 vaccine is mandated by the federal government, or by state or local government, the Company will require that the successful candidate hired for positions covered under relevant government vaccine mandate(s) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For all positions, the Company encourages vaccination against COVID-19 and may require that the successful candidate hired be willing to test for the COVID-19 virus periodically and wear a face covering indoors absent being granted an accommodation due to medical or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption.
FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies is an industry leading cGMP Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) supporting our partners in the biopharmaceutical industry with the development and production of their biologic, vaccines and gene therapies.
With over 30 years of experience in process development and cGMP manufacturing, a dedicated staff of over 2,000 and a reputation for excellent customer service, flexibility and responsiveness, we’ve become a trusted partner to some of the most prominent biotech developers and pharmaceutical companies in the industry.
Our Process Development experience includes the development of processes for molecules expressed via fermentation (e.g., E. coli, P. pastoris), cell culture systems including CHO, HEK, Vero, MDCK, EB66 and insect cells, and from transgenic sources.
Our network expands within five development and manufacturing facilities located in Teesside, United Kingdom; Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA; College Station, Texas, Thousand Oaks CA USA and Hillerød, Denmark.
Thousand Oaks, CA
Research Triangle Park, NC
College Station, TX
Holly Springs, NC
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert