Production Scheduler, Novato Supply Chain Operations
- BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
- Novato, California
- Start date
- Mar 14, 2023
- Manufacturing & Production, Operations, Supply Chain
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay, Best Places to Work
The purpose of the Novato Site Production Scheduler is to be the single point of contact for scheduling and coordinating production and non-production activities that support the Make Assess Release process within the Novato Site.
The primary role of the Production Scheduler is to be the primary point of contact for scheduling and coordination production and non-production related activities for the Novato Site (Galli East, Galli West, Galli North, Leveroni and Pimentel) that support the Make Assess Release process within the Novato Site. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Attend Daily tier meeting to verify adherence to schedule and finalize coordination of activities for the day.
- From the Supply Chain Production Plan, develop and maintain the detailed production schedule and makes adjustments utilizing BioG real time scheduling software and Oracle EBS for the following activities:
- Manufacturing Operations at the Novato Site
- Raw Material Kitting and Solution Prep Pre-weighs for the Novato Site
- Equipment downtime for Galli West, Galli East, Galli North, Leveroni and Pimentel Facilities (PM’s, Cals, etc.)
- Operational Readiness Start-Up Activities for the Novato Site.
- Non-production activities such as Validation, Capital Projects
- Review, assess for impact and schedule planned and unplanned schedule change requests and ensures that all requirements are documented to maintain transparent communication.
- Generates Oracle EBS batch orders and ensures batch orders and production lots are annotated in the schedule from thaw through shipment of Drug Substance.
- Proactively evaluates and escalates schedule conflicts by working with impacted groups to facilitate resolution.
- Manages Oracle EBS firm planned orders and batch orders to ensure on, time start and completion in order to enable accurate MRP
- Reviews production schedule for opportunities to improve efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Provides adherence to schedule metrics data for monthly report out.
- Generates Batch Record dispatch report list based on BioG detailed production schedule.
- Provides planned versus actual report of campaign detailed schedule against plan
- Provides adherence to schedule metrics data for end of campaign performance summaries.
- Supports production scheduling and improvement initiatives.
- Administrator for Production Scheduling Website and maintains for accuracy.
- Generates Production Schedule Scenarios and participates in contingency planning
- BS Degree in Biology or related life sciences
- APICS certification desired but not required
- Education and / or minimum years of experience in manufacturing with operations scheduling, production planning or master scheduling experience as follows
- 2+ years’ experience in production scheduling and planning processes or 4+ year MFG experience
- ERP experience to include scheduling within an ERP system
- Experience with the following software applications:
- BioG Real Time Process, JIRA, Office 365 products, MS Project, MS Visio, Oracle EBS and ASCP, OPPM and P6, Training in Lean Six Sigma, Project Management Certification
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BioMarin is a global biotechnology company dedicated to transforming lives through genetic discovery. In 1997, the company was founded to make a big difference in small patient populations, focusing on giving much-needed attention to the underserved communities of those with rare diseases. BioMarin sought to help patients whose voices could not always be heard and treat conditions that were not always in mainstream medical conversations. Throughout its history, BioMarin has worked tirelessly to make a difference by pursuing bold science. The company’s first approved therapy was inspired by a father who refused to accept there was no therapy for his son’s rare diagnosis. That relentless pursuit to change the course of his son’s future through the power of science is at the core of who BioMarin is today.
Through the company’s expertise in genetics and molecular biology, BioMarin has developed eight first or best-in-class targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions it seeks to treat, helping to better the lives of those struggling with rare genetic disease. The company’s purposeful and scientifically precise team of physicians and scientists has honed each treatment modality to seek transformative therapies.
Now, BioMarin seeks to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled the last 25 plus years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Each drug candidate pursued is guided by a fundamental understanding of the genetics and underlying biology of the condition it will address. The company believes that applying its knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The more innovative solutions developed, the more lives BioMarin can impact.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert