Research Scientist - Automated Process Development
- Redmond, WA
- Start date
- Mar 14, 2023
- Engineering, Manufacturing & Production, Science/R&D, Biotechnology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Best Places to Work
The position reports to the Vice President of Innovation Center, and is responsible for the development and operation of our newly developed automated gene synthesis platform and support other high throughput molecular biology service lines.
- Independently manage or contribute to all laboratory automation projects including conception, design, development, acquisition, process implementation and execution of automation solutions for manufacturing
- Effectively manage PM, calibration of automated system instrumentations. Coordinate with internal stakeholders including QMS, and external vendors to comply with and maintaining the current industry standard of the automation systems.
- Develop and optimize automation solutions for gene synthesis and high throughput nucleic acid synthesis platforms. Script for automated platforms based on project needs.
- Acquired new technologies to develop, optimize and improve existing high throughput laboratory automation systems.
- Provide day-to-day maintenance and production support for the manufacturing equipment and staff
- BS in Engineering Discipline or Biology/ Biochemistry/ Molecular Biology/ Biomedical Instrumentation/ related subjects with 2+ years of manufacturing automation experience
- Proven track of workflow design and process optimization with automation
- Experience in transforming bench work process to automation solutions
- Knowledge of commercial automated liquid handlers, experience in handling/maintaining automated liquid handlers, e.g., Tecan, Beckman, PerkinElmer, etc.
- Basic understanding of hands-on molecular biology experiments is required
- Solid knowledge of gene synthesis procedure is preferred
- Knowledge of automated production line is a plus
- Ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels
- Patient, attend to details and is able to follow SOPs
- Flexible to work in non-standard work hours in the case of emergency situations
GenScript Biotech Corporation (HK.1548) is the world‘s leading technology and service provider of life science R&D and manufacture. Built upon its solid gene synthesis technology, GenScript Biotech is divided into four major platforms including the life science service and product platform, the biologics contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) platform, the global cell therapy platform and the industrial synthesis biological product platform.
As the world's leading biology research service company, GenScript offers comprehensive life sciences research services and products including custom gene synthesis and molecular biology, custom protein expression and purification, custom peptide synthesis, antibody production, and custom cell line development, catalog antibodies, catalog kits and eStain and eBlot. In addition, GenScript provides preclinical drug development services, including in vitro pharmacology, in vivo pharmacology, and antibody/protein engineering services. GenScript Biotech's business operations span over 100 countries and regions worldwide with legal entities located in the US, Mainland China, Hong Kong, China, Japan, Singapore, the Netherlands and Ireland.
Become the Most Trustworthy Biotech Company in the World
Provide high quality products and services for customers, offer development opportunities that help our employees reach their career and professional goals, and create long-term value for society.
Make Human and Nature Healthier Through Biotechnology
Build world-class biotech platforms for R&D in synthetic biology and healthcare to facilitate life science research, develop innovative products, address environmental issues, and treat critical illnesses for the well-being of mankind.
860 Centennial Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert