AWS Data Engineering Lead
- Lake County, Illinois
- Start date
- Mar 13, 2023
- Engineering, Software Engineer, Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics, Software Development
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- BioMidwest, Best Places to Work
AbbVie Information Research is seeking an experienced AWS Technical Lead to engineer and operationalize the AWS cloud infrastructure environment to support the high-performing, large scale technology capabilities of the AbbVie R&D Convergence Hub (ARCH).
Under the direction of the Convergence Platform Senior Architect, and delivering on the vision of executive leadership, you will design and lead building the technical components of the ARCH platform architecture, currently anchored by Cloudera CDP. This role will have a far-reaching impact on the technology at the core of AbbVie's R&D Convergence initiative and will be key to delivering AbbVie R&D scientists the data and knowledge needed to maximize the impact of their work.
This is an opportunity to become part of the team building an integrated R&D data and analytics platform powering data-driven insights that ultimately lead to better, faster decisions and therapies for patients.
You will help enable and grow our culture of data driven insights and decision making.
You will help drive R&D productivity through shortening cycle times.
Most importantly, by helping to unlock information like deeper understanding of novel therapies, biomarkers that are predictive of response, novel endpoints, and many more concepts you will make cures possible and will make a remarkable impact in the lives of our people and patients.
- AWS Technical Lead providing technical vision and hands-on expertise to deliver all aspects of the platform
- Understand all aspects of a cloud computing infrastructure, including SSO, security, performance, and cost management
- Gather technical requirements, validate architecture, and create/review designs
- Lead efforts across the data engineering, data curation, and platform engineering teams to successful completion
- Guide engineering resources towards code standards and templates as part of data frameworks and patterns
- Demonstrate ownership of technical stacks for individual cloud applications
- Align with AbbVie systems lifecycle standards and processes
- Ability to manage time and deliver results across multiple workstreams at once
- Work with team members from around the globe (onsite, offshore)
- Work in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's Degree with 7+ years of experience; Master's Degree with 6+ years of experience; PhD with 2+ years of experience in application program development.
- Extensive AWS development experience with core AWS services like EC2, Glue, Spark, S3, Redshift, Athena, etc.
- Experience building data engineering pipelines using popular tools like Apache Airflow, Glue ETL, etc.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases from a data domain perspective
- Experience with logging tools like Splunk, Elasticsearch, AWS CloudWatch
- Able to debug technical issues with existing cloud components
- Hands-on CI/CD and containerization knowledge and experience (Jenkins preferred)
- Hands-on technical proficiency in Python, SQL, NoSQL a must
- Experience with development of API architecture preferred
- Experience with Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) preferred
- Exposure to Metadata management, data quality, master data, and data lineage
- Exposure to Cloudera CDP, preferably in an AWS cloud environment a plus
- Experience with Knowledge Graphs and Graph Databases a plus
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert