- Worcester, Massachusetts
- Start date
- Mar 13, 2023
- Science/R&D, Biotechnology
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Genetown, Best Places to Work
We are currently seeking a motivated research scientist with immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization, and fluorescent and chromogenic multiplexing experience. The candidate will be part of a multidisciplinary team that works closely with scientists in the Pharmacology and Pathology department to better understand new target expression and biology for the treatment of autoimmune and chronic inflammatory diseases. The successful candidate will work in an exciting, fast-paced environment providing research in target validation, animal model development, and performing molecular and toxicologic pathology for pharmacology and exploratory safety studies.
Specific activities will include routine histology (microtomy, including cryotomy of frozen tissues, whole-slide scanning), immunohistochemistry (IHC), in situ hybridization (ISH), fluorescent multiplexing and microscopy to analyze human and animal model tissues and 3D culture and organoid in vitro systems to better understand new target expression and biology.
Our Immunology Discovery Pathology group based in Worcester, MA is leading the evolution of pathology by combining our foundation of deep understanding of disease with IHC multiplexing, spatial transcriptomics, and in vivo imaging to provide unparalleled impact.
- Develop, optimize, and validate high quality and reproducible immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization, and multiplexing protocols in a drug development setting
- Operate and utilize Leica Bond Rx IHC/ISH platform, Akoya Polaris spectral imaging instrument, and whole-slide scanning instruments
- Maintain meticulous records and prioritize effectively to deliver results within established timelines
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Communicate effectively providing verbal and written reports to program teams and collaborative scientists
- BS or equivalent education with typically 5-7+ years of experience or MS or equivalent education with typically 2-5+ years of experience
- Demonstrated expertise in immunohistochemistry and multiplexing method development, optimization, and validation; experience with fluorescence microscopy and in situ hybridization are desirable
- Relevant histology experience is required; ASCP/HT (HTL) and/or QIHC certification is preferred but not required.
- Highly developed communication skills and a keen ability to engage internal and external team members in collaborative research are also required
- Proficiency in the use of software tools to support data analysis tasks (e.g., GraphPad Prism, Akoya PhenoChart, Excel)
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Keen sense of personal responsibility and integrity and strong commitment to quality
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly when indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
Position will be hired based on level of experience.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
Stock Symbol: ABBV
Stock Exchange: NYSE
1 North Waukegan Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert