Why Business Technology Solutions
For anyone who wants to use technology and data to make a difference in people’s lives, shape the digital transformation of a leading biopharmaceutical company, and secure sustainable career growth within a diverse, global team: we’re ready for you. Learn more about Business Technology Solutions careers at AbbVie.
In this role, you can expect competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for every life stage and a commitment to your well-being in the workplace.
Additionally, you’ll add your unique experience to an employee-driven culture with vibrant Employee Resource Groups and a passion for equity, equality, inclusion and diversity that reflects the diversity of our communities and the patients and customers we serve.
About the Role:
The Director, Global Data Network will provide leadership to deliver technology strategies that support business goals. This role will have impact and influence within the Global Data and Voice Engineering environment. The Director, Global Data Network will build a collaborative partnership with technology and functional domain stakeholders and deliver comprehensive technology solutions within the global data network and voice areas that address prioritized business problems and innovation needs.
- Strategy & Influence: Works with domain senior leadership and makes contributions to develop strategy. Adapts and executes domain strategic plans.
- Process Improvement & Optimization: Drives opportunities to improve process and/or technology.
- Decisions & Policies: Makes key decisions that are guided by established strategies and priorities. Influences operating policies and procedures that affect the global data and voice platforms. Interprets enterprise-wide policies, processes and procedures that may affect teams and domain workflow.
- People Management: Manages a team(s) of managers and senior managers who have significant latitude and autonomy in their assignments.
- Impact: Make decisions that are long lasting and heavily influence the future course of the business and/or technology domain.
- Resource Management: Responsible for making contributions to the development of the global data network and voice domain resource management strategy and organizational structure.
- Liaison & Relationship Building: Builds collaborative relationships and effectively interacts frequently with business and/or technology senior leaders. Interactions focus on project and operational decisions. Interacts well with diverse groups within function and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Culture: Consistently demonstrate AbbVie’s Ways of Working and Leadership Attributes including an enterprise mindset and people leadership. Effectively manages performance, provides timely feedback, appropriately rewards, and recognizes valuable achievement, develops talent, and creates a succession pipeline. Understand and execute AbbVie’s vision, goals, and strategies. This role has accountability for the performance and results strategically important functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and 10+ years of experience. Master’s degree and work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred. Will consider 14+ years of relevant experience in a related technical field.
- Effectively connects employee and BTS functional goals to business and/or overall Abbvie goals.
- Proven ability to drive outstanding employee performance and engagement through developing, coaching, motivating, energizing, and inspiring team members.
- Experience managing teams of at least 10 people with a resource mix of managers, employees, matrixed teams, virtual teams, contractors, and managed service providers.
- Ability to communicate problems in terms that are understandable to BTS Leadership and end users at all levels.
- Subject matter expert in Global Data Network including Cloud and Security platforms with working knowledge of voice solutions and/or business domain.
- Experience managing a budget of at least $10 million - $30 million.
- Experience in technology operation, strategy, planning and implementation and/or relevant business domain preferred.
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time.
AbbVie is an equal opportunity employer including disability/vets. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, or any other protected group status. We will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans or active-duty wartime or campaign badge veterans. The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing in the Human Resources office during regular business hours.