Staff Data Engineer
- Menlo Park, CA
- Start date
- Mar 11, 2023
- Clinical, Clinical Data, Information Technology, Business/Data Analytics
- Required Education
- Bachelors Degree
- Position Type
- Full time
- Biotech Bay
PacBio (NASDAQ: PACB) is seeking a Staff Data Engineer to develop data rich platforms and help create world class DNA sequencing platforms for life science researchers and human health applications. In this role, you will engineer telemetry collection and analysis platforms, develop data resources supporting R&D efforts for our cutting-edge DNA sequencers, and create solutions for data sharing within and outside of PacBio. This individual will work closely with multiple teams including technical support, commercial operations, enterprise IT, manufacturing, and applications development. For this role, the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment will be critical.
- Develops and maintains scalable data pipelines and builds out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Collaborates with analytics and business teams to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Develops solutions using good software engineering practices, including CI/CD, unit/integration testing, software documentation, and software design principles in an agile environment.
- Works closely with all business units and engineering teams to develop strategy for long term data platform architecture.
- All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 5 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Degree in computer science, data engineering, physical science, engineering, or related discipline.
- 4+ years of professional Python or Java development experience.
- 4+ years of SQL and No-SQL experience.
- 4+ years of experience with data modeling.
- Experience working with cloud data warehouse/database systems such as Snowflake and AWS RedShift.
- Experience working with cloud object storage such as AWS S3, Google Cloud Storage, Azure Blob Storage.
- Experience working with No-SQL database systems such as Elasticsearch and MongoDB.
- Experience working with message brokers such as Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis, and Redis.
- Experience working with workflow management systems such as AirFlow is a plus.
- Professional software development experience using modern engineering practices and tools (e.g., git, Jira, unit test frameworks, etc.).
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication abilities; a desire and the interpersonal skills to engage in a collaborative and efficient software design process.
Salary Range:$162,600.00 - $220,000.00
Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, proof of COVID vaccination is required for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions).
To ensure the health and safety of all PacBio employees and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview experience.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at PacBio. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. PacBio does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PacBio employees or any other company location. PacBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 650-521-8000, or http://email@example.com for assistance.
Visit our following pages for more information on:
1305 O'Brien Drive
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert