Drug Discovery Data Architect
This position will enable the small molecule/drug discovery team by managing data systems and improving information transfer between research groups by integrating/streamlining information systems from various workflows. This is an ideal position for self starters with deep coding and data handling skills.
Good things are happening at Omeros!
Come join our Discovery Team !
Who is Omeros?
Omeros is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing and commercializing small-molecule and protein therapeutics for large-market and orphan indications targeting inflammation, complement-mediated diseases, disorders of the central nervous system and immune-related diseases, including cancers. In addition to its commercial product OMIDRIA (phenylephrine and ketorolac intraocular solution) 1%/0.3%, Omeros has multiple phase 3 and phase 2 clinical-stage development programs focused on complement-mediated disorders and substance abuse. Omeros also has a diverse group of preclinical programs including GPR174, a novel target in immuno-oncology that modulates a new cancer immunity axis recently discovered by Omeros. Small-molecule inhibitors of GPR174 are part of Omeros’ proprietary G proteincoupled receptor (GPCR) platform through which it controls 54 new GPCR drug targets and their corresponding compounds. The company also exclusively possesses a novel antibody-generating platform.
What are your job responsibilities?
- Start-up and manage in-house and cloud-based database systems
- Implement and manage data processing and analysis applications
- Review and ensure accuracy of database code
- Interface with IT, external consultants, medicinal and computational chemistry, structure-based drug discovery, discovery biology, and preclinical functions
- Coordinate and establish data system policies and governance
What education and experience do you need?
- PhD or BS/MS degree with 3 - 5 years of experience of owning database systems, setting up data pipelines and working with data in the drug discovery industry
- Data management experience including:
- Managing in-house data pipelines; cloud experience is a plus (e.g. AWS)
- Working with databases (i.e. Access, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.) such as scripting queries and configuring database software; hands-on experience with ELNs, LIMS is a plus
- Familiarity with ActivityBase and/or Live Design is a plus
- Programming with Python or other scripting languages; fast ramp-up of coding skills of Visual Basic for Applications in MS Excel; exposure to ML/AI is a plus
- Working knowledge of chemical structure representations, high-throughput screening, and scientific data analysis and presentation is a plus
Behavioral Competencies Required :
- A willingness to work with other team members, share and encourage new ideas, strive to find the best solutions and build team competencies over time
- A good understanding of the goals and longer-term direction
- An eye toward self-improvement, productivity and gaining knowledge
Physical Demands Required:
- Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, or lifting up to 20 lbs.
- May encounter prolonged periods of sitting or standing
- This position requires working around hazardous materials
Compensation and Benefits
Omeros is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package designed to support the lives of our employees and their families. The wage scale for this position is $120,000 to $155,000 per year. Salaries will be determined based on knowledge, skills, education and experience relevant to the role. Employees are offered medical, dental, vision and life insurance and a 401k plan with a company match. Employees accrue three weeks of vacation and 80 hours of sick time on an annual basis and receive twelve paid holidays throughout the calendar year. This position is eligible for bonus and stock options. To learn more about Omeros, please visit www.omeros.com.
Omeros is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful by federal, state, or local statutes.
It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation to anyone with a disability who needs assistance completing the job application process. If you need assistance, you can either send an e-mail to email@example.com or contact Omeros, asking for Human Resources, at (206) 676-5000