NextCure is a biopharmaceutical company located in Beltsville, MD, and focuses on the discovery and development of first-in-class biologic therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and other immune-related diseases.
We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated Intern to perform business and competitive intelligence analyses, communicate results to leadership team, and organize information in databases. The role requires high energy, an enthusiastic individual with an ambitious personality, and a strong desire to achieve and to learn about the biotechnology industry. The ideal candidate should work with a sense of urgency and constantly adapt to changing environments. This is a great opportunity for a PhD scientist or a recent MBA graduate with a desire to pursue a career in business and corporate development functions in the biotechnology industry and who is seeking to acquire the relevant skills.
As a Business Development Intern, subject to the NextCure Intern Agreement, the primary duties of the internship will include:
- Conducting business and competitive intelligence analyses on innovative technologies and therapeutic candidates using relevant scientific and clinical publications and patents
- Perform landscape analyses to identify business leads in specific therapeutic areas
- Scout licensing opportunities and evaluate business rationale that align with company’s interests
- Generate reports and presentations summarizing data and information into clear messages for communication to leadership team
- Build and maintain a database to organize information analyzed
Required education and candidate profile
- PhD in life science with interest in business development or MBA student with an academic background in the life sciences or medicine and business management.
- Basic understanding of biotechnology and pharma industries
- Quick learner with excellent communication skills
This internship is currently set for 6 months however, an extension may be considered. This is a part-time (30 hr/week) internship that will be compensated.
NextCure is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary and benefits package in a scientifically engaged team work environment.